Good movies you've seen recently

It was always based on Maria Belon's story. It was not advertised as anything else. She even chose Naomi Watts to play her. Brilliantly.

I didn't see any advertisements for the movie, didn't even know the movie existed until I happened to see it, so didn't know what to expect. As I say, it is not a bad story, just not the one I'd have hoped to see. I would have liked to have seen how communities responded in the wake of the disaster, not merely that "tsunamis are scary." We don't even get to learn how the tourist family was affected afterwards. It just kind of ends abruptly.

That said, Naomi Watts did do a great job with what she was given.

I usually skip Ewan McGregor films, but he turned out to be pretty good in this one. The boys were great too.

I thought he was the weakest link, actually. The kid who played the oldest son was good, though.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

Documentary type movies sorta don't engage or escape me for which I go to the movies.

Fahrenheit 911, Supersize Me, Bowling for Columbine etc just winds me up more than when I enter the movie theatre.

Haven't seen those. Most of the documentaries I watch are NHK ones, I guess. Reconstruction of the waterworks civil engineering of Mohenjo-Daro, latest theories on the origins of life, that sort of thing. They generally do an excellent job. (Sometimes they will repackage a BBC documentary, which is also usually good.)

When it comes to disasters, they also do an excellent job at looking into root causes of, and issues arising from, various events. Usually feel I've learned something valuable.

Their "Historia" series is always worth a watch, as well. Their old "Project X" series was quite good, too.

On commercial TV, "Gaia no Yoake" is sometimes worth a watch.

I watched Running with Scissors......not exactly a good movie but it was so bizarre that I watched it all thru just to see what happened next.

The Gangster Squad was pretty good....even although it got a poor reaction from critics....I liked it tho

Not actually a movie, but a series on HBO's movie channel.

Season 3 of Game of Thrones.

Watched the previous seasons and have come to the conclusion that dwarves can be quite eloquent and incest is not frowned upon if you're blonde

Watched the Back To The Future movies this week.

They were fun, I actually liked the second one a lot, never loved the third one