Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

Saw the "new" Star Trek from a couple years ago, for the first time. Loved the original series when I was a kid, but never really got into any of the remakes and spin-offs. The "reboot" was surprisingly good, though. Actually makes me interested in seeing the sequel when it comes out soon.

Also happened to see Galaxy Quest for the first time. Better than expected.

Saw The Impossible, about the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami.

Overall, I have to say, I'd really like to see a movie about that event, but this is not the movie I wanted to see.

I wanted to see the story of people who live there, how they were affected, and how they went about putting their lives and neighborhoods back together afterwards.

Instead it was the story of a tourist family in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Which is a valid story as well, but is not the one I was hoping to see.

Oh well.

Saw The Impossible, about the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami.

Overall, I have to say, I'd really like to see a movie about that event, but this is not the movie I wanted to see.

I wanted to see the story of people who live there, how they were affected, and how they went about putting their lives and neighborhoods back together afterwards.

Instead it was the story of a tourist family in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Which is a valid story as well, but is not the one I was hoping to see.

Oh well.

Yeah I thought they could have done a better job

It was always based on Maria Belon's story. It was not advertised as anything else. She even chose Naomi Watts to play her. Brilliantly.

I usually skip Ewan McGregor films, but he turned out to be pretty good in this one. The boys were great too.

Oblivion.

Good story, nicely filmed. A mix of sci-fi, action, suspense, romance (<- could do with a lot less of that).

Well worth the free ticket I got to see it. Well worth my time.