Good movies you've seen recently

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

The new Superman.

Thought it was a bit full actually, as was the one before. Different flavor of dull though.

Gone through Halloween movies, like them...even the rubbish ones. Donald P's overacting was funny.

Just got back from Bali so enjoyed the La Premier again.

Saw

The Conjuring, I am not into scary flicks but really enjoyed this one it was enhanced by the cinema so gave it 4 Snowballs

Wolverine, Not bad on par with the other mutant movies 3.5 Snowballs

The Call, Really enjoyed it I was wondering how they would keep the suspence the whole movie but very entertaining again enhanced by the cinema 4.0 Snowballs

Jack Reacher, (DVD) A bit of a a crock really you would think that Tom wrote the script for himself had it's moments 2.5 Snowballs

Watched Cloud Atlas, twice, which was ok, but did not, disappointingly, deepen on second viewing.

(What the heck was the point of Somi 451's speech,for which she apparently gave her life, and why did it inspire a whole religion?)

I mean, ostensibly, she said she was motivated to spread the message that "Soylent Green is people," which seems a fairly specific, actionable piece of information, but what she actually said in her speech did not seem to go beyond, "Everyone is connected somehow."

???

You know what, I watched that as well on my flight back to Japan.

In it, Morgan Freeman played Morgan Freeman, which was exciting.

Couldn't decided what to watch and they hadn't changed the lineup since late July ( :slap: )

I must admit, I was extremely concerned about the safety of the President (of the United States of America) on more than a few occasions during that documentary... not being aware of the story previously.

It was a considerable relief, and an unexpected surprise, when he was saved at the end by Mike Banning.

I was also extremely happy for the Mr Banning, getting his job back looking after the president.

For those of you who don't know the story, he was somewhat estranged from the President after the First Lady died in a car accident some years previously.

:thumbsup:

I'm glad to hear that things worked out for the Mr. Banning. The trailers looked somewhat alarming.

Regarding my previous comments on Cloud Atlas, I find that it keeps occupying my thoughts. Fortunately for my peace of mind, I have found a way to interpret it as a rather negative film about humans and the effects of their actions, which counteracts the superficially optimistic impression that the film leaves, so that is some relief, at least. (Anyone else have any thoughts on it?)

I'm glad to hear that things worked out for the Mr. Banning. The trailers looked somewhat alarming

They certainly did, didn't they.

It was a relief when things worked out in the end.

Hopefully once this particular story finished, the President (of the United States of America) will have been able to perhaps find a new First Lady.

Perhaps one day they will continue maybe a new installment of the documentary. Hopefully less dramatic!