Good movies you've seen recently

Hunger Games was interesting

Saw that. Visually very interesting, but not enough effort put into making the basic premise believable, it seemed to me. So you had these characters fighting valiantly against a basically ludicrous premise, which kind of detracted from the enjoyment that might otherwise have been derived. Having Donald Sutherland play the stereotypical Donald Sutherland-type character didn't really help, either.

Beautiful visuals and stylistic/technological vision, though.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

Hollywood director Tony Scott, famous for films including Top Gun, has died after jumping from a bridge in Los Angeles, authorities have said.

The Los Angeles County Coroner's office said Scott's death was being investigated as a suicide.

British-born Scott, brother of Alien director Ridley, shot to fame in the 1980s with a string of action films.

The 68-year-old's films included Crimson Tide, Days of Thunder and True Romance.

"I can confirm that Tony Scott has passed away. The family asks that their privacy is respected at this time," Scott's spokesman, Simon Halls, said in a statement.

The coroner said Scott jumped from the Vincent Thomas Bridge, which spans San Pedro and Terminal Island in Los Angeles.

Lt Joe Bale, from the coroner's office, said the director was seen parking his car and jumping into the water at about 12:30 (19:30 GMT) on Sunday.

Strange story that.

Top Gun!

I was looking at the news soon after watching Crimson Tide, directed by Tony Scott, when I found out he had jumped off a bridge and killed himself.

Just watced two rather fun movies last night.

Project X. Alright movie. More fun than i was expecting. Kinda dumb and reminded me in a way of how human traffic encapsulated the post rave generation (mine) kinda badly, but alright... this one seems to be very much that kind of thing for the facebook generation. Kills an hour and a half, feels like superbad but not as funny. Im trying to spin it in a positive light and not be too harsh (because its too dumb to attack it), so ill go with teh ford prefect assessment and suggest its "mostly harmless".

The second one was Submarine.

Loved it. A crackingly sweet movie with just enough quirk to keep it on this side of cloyingly sentimental.

And despite the actual content of the film which is pretty heavy stuff, its kept always rather light and airy. Its not (as i thought) the kind of movie you need to be in the right mood to watch. You can just stick it on and enjoy the next 90 minutes of your life. Fun movie, great performances, should be watched if you missed it.

I watched Bonfire of the Vanities last night.

Heard it had a really bad reputation, thought it was ok.

Always seem to enjoy watching Bruce Willis for some reason and thinking how rubbish he is while doing so.

Im watching poltergeist at the moment and i had to cut it off to make this post.

This is one quirky film.

Rather funny.

Not like you might think. Its deliberate. Its almost like a disney horror movie. Its actually great fun amd the mum is awesome.