Good movies you've seen recently

just watched prometheus. Could have done without the alien money shot. Pity, because as a stand alone movie it was great sci fi triller stuff. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Would even be looking forward to the second part. My hope is that theyve explained the whole alien thing so they can just get on with the much more interesting story line they managed to create. But of course, bit of an odd second part though since its... well i wont spoil it :)

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you should stop looking up your own asshole.

I saw Alvin and the Chipmunks 3.   I would like to kill all chipmunks and all people called Alvin.

I reckon he stole more than a loaf of bread. 100 more like

Yesterdays movies:

Men in Black 3

The avengers.

Both fun. Both silly. Both alright for a couple of hours of your time. Of the two avengers was by far the more ridiculous but thatll be the whole expectation thing. Nice that tommy lee jones was more of a cameo in MiB3 since he is clearly a little old and tired looking these days. No real chemistry anymore between him and will smith to be honest.

Actually its amazing how people from my childhood (harrison ford, tommy lee jones, clint eastwood et al are really starting to push at the door a bit. A little disconcerting. Old as i am, i cant really make the mental connection that im almost middle aged so OBVIOUSLY these people are in their 60s, 70s and mayhaps even their 80s.

Lawless was a great movie...also watched Resident Evil a few weeks back, decent (always enjoyed the RE films). You should see that movie, b/c if it does well, then they said that the finale would be made....and I'm sure it would be EPIC.

One of, if not THE best sports movie of all time:

Slapshot.

Admittedly i havent watched it in a few years, but it just popped in my head that maybe some people hadnt ever seen it and they really needed to knwo it existed because its fekkin awesome.

I might as well add hooper to that as well :) Spent years watching that one everyday too.

Adele is far from being my bag, but then again neither was Shirley Bassey, Sinatra, Rita Coolidge (sp) or Carly Simon!

But this sounds very classic 60's/70's Bond and promising.

Good to hear that after the mostly abominations of recent Bonds.

And I hope they integrate elements of it into the score generally, rather than just a stand alone song and never heard of again, like all the good ones are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1GXD6Aw9ck