1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

In the hope that some of the people whom have replied to interview requests of SJ are lurking on the forum, I put this poll up. (And to try and get it right this time.)

Basically what is it that attracts you to choose a certain resort?

I go for pretty much all of the above, but most important is a recomendation from someone *about* any/all of the above... I haven't been here long enough to compare and contrast for myself.

Ah, cheers to Echineko for the new word and woywoy for the translation. It has been added to my little black book list of words to learn.

Speaking of kuchikomi, Echineko, I'll get back to you soon with the name of that place I went to in Gunma... ;\) I still haven't asked lol.gif

Although I chose cheap travel it's also short time to travel. 40 minutes from my door to the gondola. But there are many better places around if I have the time to drive to them...

For me it is about how far i can manage to drive.

The further north from Shizuoka i go, the better snow i get.

with a physical monday to friday job, doing a 6 hour drive friday night is really hard.

my answer to the question would have to be that distance is the most imporant factor.

ATB

TP

Another factor - cost of tickets.

If I have a half price ticket I'm more likely to go, even more likely if I have a free ticket (please, snowjapan let me win one this year nudge)

Once I've gotten there, the snow and the courses. Thats about it for me. Getting there without too much hassle and without breaking the bank is a fair bit of an issue though unfortunately.

Cheap travel deals are good esp when you're coming over from overseas like myself. But as other people have said the snow and courses etc are most important after that. I want to enjoy the food as well, so I hate not having decent food options.

I don't care about the off piste stuff at all because I don't go there. The snow has to be the most important thing, but obviously the resort can't do much about that one. Things they can do is offer some good deals, good transport links and decent edible food when you get there.

• 1 month later...

Food is important to me, so I like to know that there will be something decent there. Of course, I am always hopeful that a resort will look after the needs of cheesefans such as myself and everyone else on these forums - but they just won't listen for the most part. Their look out I suppose.