• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mui, what I loved was when you take the shink from Tokyo the imidiate contrast between before and after the tunnel. It was like the chronicles of narnia now it looks like it was all a dream haha.

Quote:
Originally posted by YellowSnow:
Thanks mui, what I loved was when you take the shink from Tokyo the imidiate contrast between before and after the tunnel. It was like the chronicles of narnia now it looks like it was all a dream haha.
I've had a couple of experiences like that coming up from Narita. Twice last season I drove from clear weather and clear gound in the east into monster snow storms trapped in the Yamagata bonchi.

Echineko. "Turkish Delight, lokum, or loukoum (Greek λουκούμι) is a confection made from starch and sugar. It is often flavored with rosewater or lemon, the former giving it a characteristic pale pink color. It has a soft, sticky consistency, and is often packaged and eaten in small cubes that are dusted with sugar to prevent sticking. Some recipes include small nut pieces, usually pistachio, hazelnut or walnuts."

From Wikipedia.

My nana used to buy me one of them every Thursday... every single week when she came round for dinner. That and a Lion Bar. I wonder how that started. I haven't had one for a long time as well, will have to try one over summer.

scouser : I totaly forgot about lion bars. OMG

I mentioned Turkish Delight as is was what the boy asked the witch for. I best one was the one covered with chocolate but the traditional one was also nice.

I have never met an asian person who liked Turkish delight or Liquorice especially allsorts.

My grandfather would get a basket of Turkish turkish delight every christmas. It came in a round container made of thin srips of wood and dusted with iceing sugar. It was made with real rose water in the recipe. If we kids were really good we would get a piece, only one mind.