• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is always excruciatingly distracting for me when real people start doing the real thing. Rather than just talking about it on the internet like most of us do from our snowless countries.

If you can't wake up in the morning and see the mountains and snow then you're struggling to be much more than a ski holiday maker. Most of us are in that wannabe box. But not everyone! It's all or nothing boys: you're living right in the middle of the real thing. Get out there and do it.

Quote:
Originally posted by le spud:
If you can't wake up in the morning and see the mountains and snow then you're struggling to be much more than a ski holiday maker.
I'm tempted to write that in this case you're a loser, rather than a holiday-maker, but that would be unkind ;\)

We've just had two days of fierce winds and heavy rain. Tomorrow should be clear, so I plan to head up to Funagata Yama to check out the newly opened road, and the snow thumbsup.gif

OK loser, here's what I see in the winter.

soubriquet_109.jpg

It's just across the valley from where I live. Nothing big or special, but I see it every day (except when it's snowing) from my bedroom window. Soul food.

The central bowl is summer grazing for cattle. The local petrol heads like to go up there to rinse out their snowmobiles. I need to get a lift in, and climb up to the ridge one day.

Well, when it comes to waking up and having a purpose to do so outside ones window, I am indeed a loser and you are a big winner! Its not only a nice view, its also a very nice scenic photograph. It'll be good to see the pic of the seasons first snow after the storm clears.

Quote:
Originally posted by soubriquet:
Hong Kong has nothing to offer that can`t be found here.
Not so sure about that. In London a bunch of us were in a taxi, drunk. One of the girls whom I only met that evening was a cocaine snorting PR marketing type from Hong Kong. She was busting for a pee and so asked the taxi to stop, she hoped out and promptly took a squat on the sidewalk next to the taxi. She was hiding from the traffic but left the taxi door open for all of us to see (and hear)

You'll not easily find a 'lady' like that in Japan.

I hope that somebody is serious enough to at least get up there and check it out

I would be up in that area for sure

27cms isn't enough to ski on but it's enough to get up there and at least walk around or climb something big