• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stayed at Raicho-sou lodge from Nov 22 afternoon thru Nov 24 morning.

Murodo area had much rain on Nov 20. It made 100-150cm snow powder into stiff with rain trenches. I saw no snow falling. It was cloudy on Nov 22 afternoon. It was a fine day on Nov.23. The sun made the stiff snow be soft by noon. I climbed up Raicho-zawa by ski boot without crumpons which I did not have but strongly required. I skied down to Tsurugi-sawa very good condition, and skined up to Tsurugi-Gozen. When back to Raicho-sou lodge, Raicho-sawa was somewhat icy at the topmost part, hard packed at the upper part, and soft/comfortable at the middle/lower parts. Many BC skiers/snowboarders came Nov.23 afternoon, and the rain trenches were scraped out on the slope in front of Rahicho-sou hut. It was fine on Nov.24. I left Murodo around noon without enjoy BC skiing before the sun made the icy snow be soften.

You may have to bring boot crampons unless Murodo has new snow. Hotel Tateyama open untill Nov 30. The transportation operates untill Nov 30.

http://photos.yahoo.co.jp/tate061122/

thanks for the mini TR, Snowconnection.

yeah without new snow it can get icy up there at the top. sounds like you had a blast though!

i figured it would be a bit crowded. i heard sasaki daisuke had a clinic/tour there on the 18th&19th.

not a lot of SJers couldn't make it there, there will always be next time

FT, I was told that they usually keep lost & found for 6 months then destroy it.

Anyways, call this number and start your hunt from there:

Toyama Tetsudo Eigyou Sho

076-432-5546

I told the people I asked that you lost it in Tateyama eki.