• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this invite open to completely new faces?

If so, I'd like to come!

Andy here. Just arrived in Hotaka, rode at 47 on Saturday and Sunday (by local train, and short hitchhike from the station) so definately up for doubling my season total of days this weekend, and meeting some folk.

toque - i'll be out in the spring - you said every weekend into june, right? you know i'm game... just need to sort out my gear. should have bagged the pocket rocket set up that you and FT kept talking about \:\( what are you doing on the hill this weekend?? or undecided as yet??

Thanks

What are people's riding plans for Sat / Sun?

I'm not trying to gatecrash anyone's major BC plans (I had to put all my BC stuff in the post anyway) - just fancy hooking up with some people for park or resort spring shredding, or whatever.... (don't mind hiking)...

Cheers FT, have PMed you.

Anyone up for (hopefully, fingers cossed) spring park riding on Saturday in 47 or wherever has the best park the moment in the Hakuba area?

Also, anyone driving up to Hakuba past Matsumoto on Saturday morning to ride, with spare spot in the car?

(blatant angling for a lift....The slow train up and back both days last weekend was nice, but the novelty will wear off pretty quick - and the cycle back from the station was a killer!)

I live pretty much on the 147 to hakuba... and can contribute to petrol costs.

Andy

FT, the new job is good. very different. big company, shirt and tie, bureaucracy. people are nice though and the setup is good, i think i'll get a lot of work done. i'm going to be responsible for a piece of software that handles billions of dollars worth of trades every day. pretty crazy.

as for boots, tornados are crap like toque said, they're just alpine boots.

i'm leaning towards getting a pair of Lowa Struktura Lights. Saw 'em on sale for 47 000. I tried on a bunch of boots a couple of weeks ago and the Lowas are the best fit for my foot. I tried Garmont, Scarpa and Dynafit. For the same weight the Lowas are stiffer and more comfortable. If they had the Lowa Rodeos in my size I wouldn't blink at buying them.

If anyone sees a good deal on size 28 boots, lemme know.

s_monkey, you are not working in Yokohama anymore?? How will you get to Hakuba this weekend?

I can't decide if I want to take my skis and boots with me this weekend. Fattwins, do you know the condition at the top of Goryu now?

slow the top half of all the mountains are in great shape. the top 2/3s have at least 1.5 to 4 meters of base. the bottom is getting patchy.

only tsugaike happo and goyru 47 are open.

cortina norikura iwatake and iimori are closed.

sm Shink it up from nagano then bus it into hakuba. what time do you finish work?

whichever tell me your ideas and we might be able to work out a better plan

I want to come but still have to convince the wife that I don't have to do things that weekend with our guests.

The result sofar is negative. mad.gif Maybe if I tell that sock_monkey needs a ride she will let me go. \:D