Resorts you really want to go to but haven't yet

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yehh yeh i heard that 'Europe' ski resort is not bad too ;\)

places i would like to ski after japan.... iran, south america, russia, china, india, alaska, canada (whistler), US (jackson, snowbird, mammoth)...... and go back to france, norway, sweden, austria thumbsup.gif

ohhh yeh and IN japan... i heard there's this place called... ehh ... hakuba highland, yeh ehh i think that's what it's called - heard the terrain is wild, a lot of lifts, deepest pow in the valley...... and it's on my ski pass too... i really should check it out. yo FT it's on your pass too.... next winter, shall we?

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
Kirkwood
Squaw Valley
Alta
White Water
Lake Louise
Smithers
Powder King
lake louise is nice but not worth the trip up that direction alone. with all the new terrian the sunshine has been adding you would have to check out that area on a good snow day.
plus a skier like yourself should certainly head a little west of the rockies and go to golden then tour in rogers pass.

back to the thread

canada:
mt cain
smithers
powder king
C.O.P.

USA
alta
snowbird
brighton
arapahoe basin
kirkwood
mammoth
and of course the alaskan dream

Europe
La Grave
Mont Blanc area
Austria (i know that it is not a resort)

SA
Valle Nevado
Portilla
are there others i am unaware of?

You don't have to say Whistler and Mammoth you know... ;\)

I want to go to New Zealand - I want to go there anyway not just because of the winter sports. It looks so beautiful.

I'd also like to spend a lot of time around Europe, but not sure that will happen....

As for Japan I'd like to try some places in northern Honshu.

Quote:
Originally posted by daver:
SA
Valle Nevado
Portilla
are there others i am unaware of?
If you go to Chile go to Termas de Chillan. It is a bit out of the way (Portillo and V.Nevado you can do as a day trip from Santiago) but has better snow and less people to share it with.

Las Lenas and Bariloche in Argentina should be good too.
 Quote:
As for Japan I'd like to try some places in northern Honshu
Me too. Ones that come to mind are Zao, Shizukuishi, Appi. That Akitaken place is supposed to be nice as well.