• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

mate you know it! Not this season but in the upcoming possibly. I might even be back in the States...dunno whats gonna happen.

Last job fell through unfortunately and I'm waiting on a couple more to see wassup and have to apply to 2 more which are both tenure positions requiring strong Jap skills which, I hope, at least, knocks some other peeps out.

Spent 2 hours last night waxing boards - good times! Hanging with the crew at my local shop and babying my new board, can't be beat \:\)

BP everybody was surprised at how light the suprateam is. gave it 2 waxes last night and dulled the edges. so 1 more wax next week and she'll be ready to go thumbsup.gif Normally I don't do that much for a new board but well, she's special!

Got 2 more videos that you guys will love to check out. The Burton Guy in the Sky promo video which is absolutely awesome. Starts off with some crazy Terje big mountain riding and has some cool pipe riding from the us open with Danny Davis and Shaun White. I can't remember the rest but it's all jaw-dropper.

Other one is even better. It's Car Danchi 2. It's by Hokkaido photog Neil Hartmann and damn it's fun. It's 2 discs. One's all Hokkaido and the other's Honshuu. I only had time to watch the Hokkaido one last night and it's all pow riding. It looks soooo much fun. They do tons of drops/pillows/slashes and natural airs. No real stopping to build a booter for these guys. I had a bunch of out loud exclamations and mad grabs for the remote to rewind a segment (which is really rare for me nowadays). I mentioned before that the THAT forum video is the video of the year for park stoke, well Car Danchi 2 is the video of the year for pow/bc stoke. It's sort of an anti-park bling bling video and not in the usual format (but I haven't watched the honshuu disc which is more resort & contest riding).

Toque

2 short lifts, lots of terrain, lots of snow and not many people.

Sounds perfect to me.

Kuma

Are you coming to hakuba this weekend?

If you are...... pleeeeaaaaaaaase can you bring car danshi 2!???

I have the Burton promo - good for a free one, eh? Expensive photography from the big B for free is a good combination - Terje's ridiculous ice cliff with patch of snow on line is good! And the US open stuff too.

I think i have watched the 'making of Futureproof' extra more than More itself.

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
do you use the lifts predominantly or are you mainly skinning toque (bc lifts arent running?)?
The resort is closed Monday to Friday. I skinned from the parking lot this morning
Got a free lift on Monday because liftees were training
Saturday skied resort when it was open

They close at times during the week and dont open mid week early season. It a cool place really its not so much a resort more of an access area. most terrain is blue to black for the double blacks you have to hike. 400 inches of pow pow but it needs 40% of that to really open in Canada cause its rocky.

In Japan it takes nothing to open a resort safely really. Where toque is skiing might be closed when the resort open pre say if they dont feel that everything is covered.

Daichan emailed me last night bushy, hes already been out for a ski last weekend at Saioto eek.gif lol.gif Manmade snow sucked he said but he enjoyed a few jumps they had. You know the human cartwheel, always looking to flip off something. Says hello to you and Nick and sooo cant wait to get up to Hakuba. Thought Id pass that on happyglass.gif