FT what's happening this saturday? Always got a camera ready, sure. I had dinner with the boys last night ---- they wanted to come over and say hi, i said they should call you first, since even i got chucked out the other night... just said you were busy, lots of people and stuff going on.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeannie:

Can anyone let me know if the Club Med in Sahoro, Hokaido is good? I plan to go this Dec. Anyone has been there before and can let me know if the snow condition in early Dec 10 is good for skiing?
thanks
So was it?

I didn't get any pictures from the powder frenzy of the day before but got a load today in the sun

All that snow from the day before and then it cleared up the next day and saw this natural off of Ymir

whitewaterymirnaturalavoh5.jpg

whitewaterdec15gregskiinp3.jpg

But we wanted to get some sidecountry so a friend and I skinned up and got some powder in the tight trees and on a different aspect

whitewaterdec15quebecdudc8.jpg

In the afternoon they finally opened up Catchbasin. After a long uphill sidestep/traverse we got some very nice nearly untracked powder

whitewaterdec15quebecduxl3.jpg

Quote:
Originally posted by dizzy:
what aspect is that? are you going to hit those chutes skiers left of that avie this season/sometime?
That aspect is West Northwest. The CAA was warning of avalanches on East and Northern facing slopes because of strong southwest winds during the storm. Interesting that that one went on a mainly western facing slope

The line off the summit at the moment has a mandetory air which looks pretty big. I'm not sure if it fills in

poking around you tube, i found some dude's compliation edit of a bunch of avies; i'm reading Bruce Tremper now and all these sick lines in the bc don't look so sick anymore eek.gif --they are humbling and deserve respect

still, it's a

video