• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

• SnowJapan Admin

eskimobasecamp

You might have noticed that I have edited your post above (and also deleted the original photo you uploaded to your photo gallery).

The reason is we want to keep our SJ Photos section winter sports/japan related and photos like that really don't belong there. In this case though I have uploaded your photo to another place on our server (outside our Photo Galleries section) and linked to it in your post above, so the photo still appears. \:\)

We'll be writing more about this in a few weeks, but want to ask everyone to refrain from uploading any "general" photos to the SJ Photos section. The section will have more value for everyone if it is of Japan snow, and for that reason we don't want people using that section of our site simply as a hosting service for any photo. It is of course fine to host any general photos elsewhere and link them in to threads on these forums, but we want to keep our section as "japan/winter sports"-related as possible.

Hope that makes sense, brain is a bit frazzled right now. Like I said more on the subject coming soon.

\:\)

i did that, my mum was way ahead of me and suggested that and she's highly amused that she' trying to help me get my electricity working all the way over in japan lol

anyway, that was exciting, but the emergency is over - someone came round, who could actually read the small print on the board and pushed down the dodgy switch really hard and it went back up into place thumbsup.gif

cheers SM!!!!!!! enjoy the rest of the weekend

oh rite sorry was just going to ask why it was edited - ok sorry thanks - sometimes people post unrelated stuff, forums are like that.... but if you want to keep it pure snow, i wont complain.

sorry again, was fretting that my freezer contents were going to defrost and just put the picture up oooops

• SnowJapan Admin

It's ok to link in non-winter sports photos on the forums, eskimobasecamp. That's not a problem. (You can upload photos to some free photo hosting site and then link them in etc).

It's our SJ Photos section (ie. the photos that you upload to our site) that we want to keep winter sports/japan related.

Thanks.

• SnowJapan Admin

Those photos are fine - there is no need to take them down. \:\)

There will be a few changes coming soon to the photos section (when we make our updates to SJ in a few weeks), so please bear with us on that. There will be more details and explanations coming then.

I think you'll agree though that the above photo doesn't really fit our photo gallery section ;\)

Yes, there was a 3 week tent based Greenland expedition that I was listed for in May, but it was cancelled.

Japan is off: December travel doesn't fit in with any schedule anymore and the snow is a huge gamble anyway, I hope to be in Canada in late January for the CAA1 and I'm not giving up Chamonix spring steeps for a trip to Japan, which rules out March, April and May.

That yellow sign picture annoys me. I am prepared to spend a little bit of my money to get someone to find you and hurt you unless you post a picture the NZ ragdoll line. \:\)

Greenland: two Chamonix guides and some snowboarders.

Japan in Dec: Hell no, I won't be flying all the way there in December. Never. I could think of nothing worse than arriving for a ski trip in a land with no snow. Sure, bad luck can strike and it could happen any time, even mid season. But going in Dec is just asking for it. Like betting on red: you lose it all or you win once and you think it was worth the risk. ah ah.