My first time in Canada was at Hemlock Valley about an hour east of Vancouver in the busy metropolis of Agassiz. Corn capital of BC.

I was 6 years old.

clap.gif clap.gif

First time in Japan was at White-Pia in the Takasau area. Wasn't to sure about the ski scene in Japan at that point when they were blasting shit ass J-Pop.

i seem to be making more posts today than i have this entire new year...

first place, treble cone in wanaka, new zealand. that was about 5 years or approximately 150 ski days ago... clap.gif

first time to ever see snow and enrolled in a group lesson by captain stag who was my boyfriend back in those days.

the gear: white stormtrooper like rear entry boots and straight skis from the university recreation centre, rain pants from a friend (boy, were my legs wet at the end of the day!) and my brand new ski jacket.

that seemed like a long time ago... now i have three pairs of skis, a growing pile of backcountry gear, and yeah, i married captain stag.

July 1983 at Porter Heights in NZ on The West Coast Jetboat Association ski trip \:D

Never made it off the learners tow obviously and was more interested to go toboganing.

I do remember some guys had a homemade snowtrike, it was green, looked supercool and it smoked!

Boarding was 1996 at Mt Hutt, was instantly hooked!

Perisher Valley, NSW (Australia) back in 1981 - clothing and ski bindings have certainly changed for the better!

Ah, the halycon days ... no Boarders. lol.gif

Learned to ski at probably the smallest ski field in Australia Mt Selwyn, NSW . That was a yr 8 school trip in 1988. Loved the snow ever since, though I could only afford to go a couple of days a year.

Started snowboarding 4 years ago at Mt Buller, Victoria - in particular the Burnt Hut Spur run.

One day snowboarding in Japan made me realise how tiny our mountains in Australia really are.

1981--a slope down to the river bank we called "the McDonald Hill" cause it was across the street from McDonalds--Maywood, Illinois.

1982--Villa Oliva, 30 minutes outside of Chicago, which has a whopping 180 vertical FEET! I was hooked on skiing at age 4.

Nov. 2000--Furano, Hokkaido

First day skiing was at Zao in 1982. Don't remember too much about it except the snow monsters. Followed that up with a week in Furano. Don't remember much about that either expect that the adult who took us couldn't ski so he would watch us from the bottom and we would snowplough down and throw snowballs at him as we passed. Poor guy.

Didn't get on skis again for 10 years. Then it was Smiggins in Australia. I was so proud of myself when I could get from top to bottom without falling over! \:\)

First time was 2001 somewhere in Niigata. Coming from Hawaii I wasn't sure about it but it was a mandatory company trip and many people told me it was similiar to surfing...so I tried.

I had no proper gear. It must have been funny to see me..I wore jogging pants, a Yankees Starter jacket, some science lab goggles (I borrowed) and rented a regular (not goofie) board which was totally wrong for me. Soon, my colleagues must have gotten embarassed so I was left alone.

I wish I had a video or even a picture of my first snowboarding outfit.. lol.gif

i can still feel it. December 1999, ruthless hangover, belly full of fry-up, Runcorn (near Manchester, England) outdoor dry ski-slope. Yep, dendex, we were warned to clench our fists when we fell so we didn't break our fingers in those funny honeycomb holes. We were also advised not to leave any skin exposed as we were liable to get it ripped off by that lovely wire-wool-esque surface. funnily enough it didn't put me off.... the first snow experience was the three valleys, french alps. not a patch on runcorn......

My first time was Falls Creek, Vic, Australia a surprisingly large 22 years ago. After that I skied for 10 years, then didn't touch snow for another 10 years until 2002 when I went boarding in Hakuba 47, Nagano Japan. So I really started twice.

First time ever riding the snow was on a high school ski trip in the Tahoe area/California. Stupid friggin' classmates got drunk and got us kicked off the mountain after only 3 runs...

I did a few cyclocross races in the snow before that, but I don't think that counts.

Gala (on skis!) was the first place in Japan for me.