OK so lots of people on here seem to like bc and anywhere but the main courses at a resort, but is there anyone left that actually likes them? Do the hardcore bd guys and gals ever use them, or is it just something you don't do?

The "Backcountry" here in my opnion is a total waste of time, it's just not worth the effort. From what I've seen most people's idea of off-piste is poaching lines under a lift just off the groomers. If you want real backcountry save some cash and go to Canada.

I find resort groomer riding to be boring, particularly on a regular snowboard. If I lived in a snow town I would get a carve board for resort days, or perhaps spend that time learning how to ski again.

ps - This thread appears to be well patronised by some long time members. I was shocked to see that SerreChe has been in in since 2000 yet so few posts.

Yes 34, you are right not too many posts from me, I admit to it. I only tend to log-in late in the evening and only have the strength to put up a few posts before I fall asleep n start drooling all over my keyboard.

Other long time members have a few thousand posts... Impressive. 'Bless them. I also plead guilty to the fact that I have never hooked-up with other forum members on the slopes... eek.gif

Btw, I am sure your Chamonix trip be be excellent!

Yeh, Yama, I'm missing it, but I'm on a mission right now.... who knows when I'll get back out there (hopefully soon).

Gamera, you'll have to get Fats to show you how to use your fatties - poweder skiiing should be easier on your knees than the piste. (well, depends on what kind you do, I guess).

Carving on piste with an alpine set up rocks. I just got a new pair of de luxe Le Mans hard boots for carving. If only it would stop snowing everyday in hokkaido Id be riding my carving board on piste more. Powder is fun but you have to admit it slows you down.