oh yeah... seems we are taking after the US in a BIG way (pun intended).

Personally I am heading in the other extreme - currently looking into sprouting, wheatgrass growing, microherbs and other multiharvest greens - as far as possible from FAST food, but these things keep popping up, and they MUST be making a motza to stay open.

This really belongs in the Important News thread, but more topical here perhaps

Staff at a McDonald's banned a horse-rider from using a drive-thru - so she took her pony INSIDE.

CCTV caught the woman and her daughter taking her pet into the restaurant after they were told they had to tie it up.

Customers then watched on in horror as the animal went to the toilet on the floor.

We're hopeless at setting off on time when we're going away somewhere, and that usually means a trip to a drive thru on the way.

I don't think I'd want to pay 1000 yen for a burger even if it was Michelin starred and 100% shooting star-fed unicorn. I like properly made burgers, but I think this gourmet fast food thing is a bit of a con. Most of them can be outdone at home for a few hundren yen.

Absolutely, some Costco low fat ground round, seasonings of your choice, on the BBQ, a little Yoshida's sauce and a slice of melted jack cheddar, quality bun with all the extra fixin's...... I'd better call the wife to take the meat out of the freezer because I know what I want to eat tonight..

I had all three, the Gold Ring was the best. A bit pricey, and the way they presented it made me laugh while I opened it up, haha. Still good though, if they had the Gold Ring or Black Diamond as a regular menu item I would probably buy them whenever I ate there (every so often). But if they were Y1000 every time then NO, I would not buy them regularly, lol.

What's a good price point then norcal you reckon?

Y500 would be reasonable, they had a bit more than their regular burgers, but not Y1000 worth. (yet I paid anyways, lol!)