• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A real puzzler that one, what with all the masses of photos that you and Chriselle have posted so far, hey.  

Tubby, I suggest some kind of Dome project, to keep all those Scots warm and safe from the snow.     I must admit I haven't put much thought into it yet - still working on Fukushima solutions -

• SnowJapan Admin

Not sure, muikabochi, we'll look into that kind of thing when the season is over.

Still a bit busy right now. :( And of course the season is not finished yet.

Though considering we have probably mailed out around 200 lift tickets so far, my guess it's pretty low.

Thanks to all the folk who have. :friend:

But this year we are asking the resorts to tell us how many of the tickets we sent out were used, and have promised to show them what we have as well in terms of terms of photos uploaded to SnowJapan, reviews and threads on here. Not individuals information of course.

Like I said previously, if it turns out that people use them and then don't do their part, we'll probably just not put as much effort into it next year and scale it down.

The idea is to give people the chance to get to places for free, and then give feedback on here.

If that's not happening, then it's not working.

And also if people did actually use their ticket but didn't post back here, I think it's only fair that they don't win any in the future.

Seems reasonable to me.

A real puzzler that one, what with all the masses of photos that you and Chriselle have posted so far, hey.

:thumbsup:

Hey, we've been busy ripping up mountains. :D

And not all of us have as much time as others to go skiiing/snowboarding so our time on the slopes is important. Perhaps if we had easy jobs and could finish at 3pm everyday and faff about, we'd also take lots of pictures. ;)

Well once I go to Madarao probably next week or the week after then I shall put up a report and photos as I always do.

I dont bother writing a report for my local resort everytime though as not going to be any change in tthe resort.

But snow condition and weathet vary so as people here probably know I report on that even when same resort.

I also wish people who get tickets would report on the resorts they have been as it allows others to get a more better idea of what a place is like before they go.

It is how I sometimes choose a place.

Windy as hell today and looks like some nice snow falling in Kiyosato area. As soon ad my daughter had finishef het test will heaf over there for an afternoon of skiing if conditions allow.

Kagura is on uber limited wind shutdown.....only mitsumata is open....snow is awesome and continuing to fall. I hope they open the Kagura part....the snow up there will be top notch. Mitsumata is pretty boring....dunno how long I'll last if this is all that's open

Tubby hiking up Kagura, 20 minutes ago

article-2266427-1715DF32000005DC-397_634x426.jpg

Resting after scoffing some cakes

article-2066094-0CA3D660000005DC-237_634x378.jpg

It's hard work!

:lol:

Traffic is horrendous so stuck at mitsumata base station waiting for the bus to echigo Yuzawa.....been waiting 2 hrs :omg:

Muika, SJ-David, you don't fancy driving over and doing a taxi run do you?! ;)

And also if people did actually use their ticket but didn't post back here, I think it's only fair that they don't win any in the future.

Seems reasonable to me.

Seems reasonable to me as well.

Now if only I could win!

:)

• SnowJapan Admin

Haven't had many this season, which is sort of a shame, but got one of the famous 'outraged' mails the other day in response to that comment.

We are quite clear and up front that we want people to upload photos (to SnowJapan - not facebook, flickr, your pet dog's blog, anywhere-but-snowjapan) and do a write up. You 'agree' to that when you enter.

If you enter, go use the ticket, have fun and come back and simply can't be bothered to give a bit back.... well, yes thanks a lot, cheers. Thanks for the support.

No report, no pics and no intention to give some support back? Then don't bother entering in the future. Simple as that really.

If you don't like that, your option is simple - don't enter. Please leave it for the people who are happy to contribute and give feedback. And as has been shown by the really good reports that have appeared, a fair few people are more than happy to do that. And I'd like to thank those people.

:friend:

Wow it was hot today at Madarao!

Two days in a row. Yesterday was great today saw harder bumpy runs and as has been mentioned the top runs kick your ass in those conditions. Anything off the groomed runs is either tracked or like glue. Look out if the next few days are getting hotter!!

As we were leaving the cloud rolled in pretty thick and visibility got pretty low.