How far away is the nearest drinks/vending machine....

.... from your home?

Let's see who lives the furthest from one.

Shops don't count, has to be a stand-alone vending machine.

If you are not in Japan, make a note of it!

I'll start.

10m.

:lol:

Not in Japan. There isn't one in the town I live in and I haven't seen one in any towns nearby. Honestly not sure how far I'd have to go.

From my house in Japan probably about 80m.

The nearest one to me is actually probably close to 1km away.

Pretty shocking, I know. Obviously I live in an underdeveloped area, in desperate need of some chilled cola and tea!

;)

Oh about 200m up the road for me.

Quite far considering I live in a well-populated area.

Obviously, there's not just one but 6 machines some of them selling the same things.

200m

One thing I want to know is, who owns these things? Especially the ones that are seemingly in the middle of nowhere.

Depends on who owns the land. Family friend "owns" one, and makes a small percentage on the total sales.

An owner!

Go on tell us more. Does it make good money, do you decide what goes in there, one company only, does it light up at night, can you turn down the settings, etc?

An owner!

Go on tell us more. Does it make good money, do you decide what goes in there, one company only, does it light up at night, can you turn down the settings, etc?

Actually,,,, it's not "ours". It just sits on our land. I'm pretty sure its just a minor percentage of sales. Other than the contract it's hands off. I'll have to ask my wife about it.

An owner!

Ah but does it sell BEER?

;)

Our closest ones are 450m away, but they're outside an old corner shop. I dunno where the closest standalone one is, but would guess at at least 1500m. The conbeni might be closer.

300m in one direction, 500m in the other.

Both sell pretty much the same.

Wonder how many of the things there are in Japan?

Madness.