Hey I just got a mail from British Airwaves!

We're offering some really special return fares to London, the UK and Europe from just JPY65,000* in World Traveller uncomfortable class.

* Fuel costs extra and costs 120,000 yen! Mwuahahahaaha

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know when the Olympics are. I can't say I'm that interested either, to be honest.   The price normally goes up a lot sometime during July on some airlines but that's more to do with summer h

Oh hold on a sec, fonts got inexplicably mixed up

We're offering some really special return fares to London, the UK and Europe from just JPY65,000* in World Traveller uncomfortable class.

Nice. I've been there 4 times. I always end up getting the worst case of the "trotts" but other than that Thailand is cool.

Take care with your eyes this year (everyone headed to Thailand or even Singapore). PB returned home from Phuket with some strange exotic eye condition. All his rugby team mates have it, a Japanese team has it, a HK based ex pat team also has it... Nasty. An outbreak also occurred in Singapore among a young rugby team.

Oh hold on a sec, fonts got inexplicably mixed up

130,000 all in on the odd remaining seat in midsummer isn't too bad.

I do hope this is a sign of them not being able to fill their planes with Japan-based people paying ripoff fares.

Sadly can't wait that late to plan things.

Do any airlines do it much cheaper Mr Wiggles, or are they all in on it together?

I think if there were some much cheaper ones, we'd all be using them rach!

I'm sure if you take a longer trip you might get something.

Doesn't make much sense that does it. :confused:

And you'd think the fuel surcharge would be more for those long route flights.

:confused:

Applying logic to this though is futile.

Clearly it was thought up by a woman! ;)

Sadly can't wait that late to plan things.

If you're going home to see family and friends, they've got you over a barrel.

Do any airlines do it much cheaper Mr Wiggles, or are they all in on it together?

I've said it before but I think the high prices for flights out of Japan are from government-approved collusion, namely the fuel surcharge.

Presumably if Japanese people decide that close to 200,000 yen in summer to Europe is too expensive (compared to 75,000 to Oz on Jetstar for example), prices may come down toward what people in the UK pay to fly to Japan. When it's not friends or family, I'm sure lots of people have a lower limit on how much they will pay before switching to something else. A one week trip to the UK is not worth the cost of three trips to Hawaii or SE Asia. The Trooping of the Colour and Big Ben aren't that amazing.

And you'd think the fuel surcharge would be more for those long route flights.

:confused:

Applying logic to this though is futile.

Wasn't I yelling about that a few pages ago? Can't remember but yes.....totally retarded that the surcharge for 5 hours of extra flying in a way round about route than flying direct is.....half as much. Pure insanity.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, time for me to be off as well and have a bit of a jaunt around Yoorop after a bit in the UK.

Will try to get a pie posted!

:wave: