• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know when the Olympics are. I can't say I'm that interested either, to be honest.   The price normally goes up a lot sometime during July on some airlines but that's more to do with summer h

I would never touch fish on a flight.

At the best of times I avoid it but once had a very bad experience. I know that has nothing to do with a flight 10 years down the line, but the memory lingers.

And the smell, yeuck.

I would never touch fish on a flight.

At the best of times I avoid it but once had a very bad experience. I know that has nothing to do with a flight 10 years down the line, but the memory lingers.

And the smell, yeuck.

Pre or post digestion? ;)

No fishy smells for me!

:thumbsup:

What goes on with the funny "they are preparing food on the plane" smell? It doesn't really smell like any particular food and always has a very distinctive smell. What is that, one wonders.

I've seriously though about putting a mooing cow sound for a ring tone on my phone and just let it fly while standing in the airport line ups and while being served the meals on da plane. I'd probably get arrested though...

• 3 weeks later...
London 2012 Olympics: chaos hits Heathrow as Games approach

Passengers arriving at Heathrow airport are facing “horrendous” delays at immigration, prompting fears that the system will be overwhelmed once the London 2012 Olympics get under way.

Angry passengers reported queuing for nearly two and a half hours last week – with some starting far outside the immigration hall – to be met with empty passport control desks and uninterested staff.

Labour on Sunday night warned the Government it had to get a grip of the “immediate crisis brewing less than four weeks before the Olympics”.

BAA, which runs Heathrow, admitted that target times for passengers passing through immigration were missed.

Union officials warned of a doomsday scenario caused by the “triple whammy” of fewer fully trained staff, an influx of holiday passengers, and Olympic crowds.

An extra 650,000 passengers are expected to pass though the airport during the Games.

Makes me (extra) glad I'm missing out Heathrow altogether this summer...

Passengers arriving at Heathrow airport are facing “horrendous” delays at immigration, prompting fears that the system will be overwhelmed once the London 2012 Olympics get under way.

Angry passengers reported queuing for nearly two and a half hours last week – with some starting far outside the immigration hall – to be met with empty passport control desks and uninterested staff.

Labour on Sunday night warned the Government it had to get a grip of the “immediate crisis brewing less than four weeks before the Olympics”.

BAA, which runs Heathrow, admitted that target times for passengers passing through immigration were missed.

Union officials warned of a doomsday scenario caused by the “triple whammy” of fewer fully trained staff, an influx of holiday passengers, and Olympic crowds.

An extra 650,000 passengers are expected to pass though the airport during the Games.

Good luck to those using Heathrow this summer.

Sounds like a potential for some really pissed off people.

I've been checking out prices for winter and its 125,000 even at the cheapest time on KLM. British seem to want 140,000. All that money for eight hours of daylight a day.

Considering you can fly London to Tokyo next month for under 700 quid, it is seriously taking the piss.

Oh. ****ing. Great. :rolleyes:

When do you go Rob?

18th July. Really not looking forward to the delays at Heathrow.

One of the reasons that puts me off going back more often.

Are you off home to Qo'noS?

In my experience, at Heathrow they fast-track people with little kids. It happened to us twice.

The time I can remember best, the queue looked at least an hour long.

I'm going to be going through Heathrow. I might have to steal someones kid to get a fast track!

When do you go Rob?

18th July. Really not looking forward to the delays at Heathrow.

One of the reasons that puts me off going back more often.

Are you off home to Qo'noS?

They that bad Man?

I have had to wait 20 minutes or so once or twice but nothing major.

Can't say it has ever got close to making me not want to go back.