Try to work less and enjoy life more.

Definitely a family trip to Japan again.

Altough this years not over yet still planning the surf trips.

Seemore

Definitely:-

1. Mt Granview and it's neighbouring mega resort, Ishuichi Hanaoka;

2. 1 or 2 Fukushima resorts;

Probably:-

1. Kagura/Naeba;

2. GALA (Let's);

3. Another 1 or 2 resorts in Paradise Alley;

Hopefully:-

1. Hokkaido - various but including Furano, Niseko, Rusutsu and Kiroro;

2. Nozawa;

3. Myoko;

4. Zao;

Would love to but probably not:-

1. Hakkoda.

hmmmm!

Im sure I wont get to all of these next year, but I most certainly want to go to the following:

Madarao

Nozawa Onsen

Somewhere in Niigata, Maybe Myoko again?

Gunma Kusatsu, we liked that, will go again.

Zao

Hokkaido - Furano / Niseko - probably wont happen though!

Plus anywhere else I think I might like to go!

For next season I'd like to get back to into my usual number of days out. Last was only 20 something and this year only 12 so far. I usually already have 20 days by mid-January!

There are some places I'd like to go next year in Niigata and maybe Gunma. I've actually been to most of the places I want to go in Japan... That list has gotten very short ;)

Still in the consideration phase, but considering teaming up with Panhead Pete and doing a ROADIE!! Road Trip, different resort every few days. Brilliant way to tick off many smaller ski-jos and see more of Japan. Just gotta work out the Bear Clan logistics, but it might be a PB, MB, PP plus others Feb special ----> cubs abandoned in the heat of Perth.

Next seasons in Japan is definitely a maybe .

More likely struggling to settle down back in Oz.

I´d be spewing reading up on everyone´s stoke so I think I will temporary retire from the forum.

Good luck on your mission.

Hope my shoulder holds up throughout the season and try to make it out to a few new places, and maybe revisit some old ones.

Also, try to make a SnowJapan meet...

Asahidake ropeway, And around central Hokkaido,

Myoko Akura, Teijindaira.

Powder junky places basically. Had 33 knee deep (or deeper) fresh pow days this season spread over 6 resorts. While I plan to go back to a few for more exploration, the above places are where I really want to do next season.

Some friends and myself have been planning a ski trip to the highest peak in Mongolia for quite a number of years now. It's been very difficult to bring it all together though with different work schedules, having kids, moving to different countries, etc, etc. None of us are getting any younger though and I'd really like to maybe have a go for next year. Only a bit over 4,300m so not too many issues with altitude and supposedly has some good skiing. Just getting to base camp would be a great adventure in itself. We'd probably appraoch from the Kazakhstan side of the mountain.

The view from the top looks great

mountclimbers5.jpg

Looking around a month. A week to get into base camp. A couple of weeks climbing and skiing around the mountain (and probably plenty of time waiting out bad weather in the tent) and then a week to get back out.

Some friends and myself have been planning a ski trip to the highest peak in Mongolia for quite a number of years now. It's been very difficult to bring it all together though with different work schedules, having kids, moving to different countries, etc, etc. None of us are getting any younger though and I'd really like to maybe have a go for next year. Only a bit over 4,300m so not too many issues with altitude and supposedly has some good skiing. Just getting to base camp would be a great adventure in itself. We'd probably appraoch from the Kazakhstan side of the mountain.

The view from the top looks great

Is that the Huiten peak on Tavan Bogd? Sounds crazy! Altai is a beautiful area. If you need a Russian speaking guide let me know ;-) I was born in Kazakhstan and still have family that live out in the eastern part.

My "never gonna happen" goal for next year is to continue the exponential day-count of the past few years:

2009 = 4

2010 = 8

2011 = 23 (cut short by 3/11)

2012 = 39 (trying to make 46.. let's see)

2013 = 80+? Yeah right..

On the must-do shortlist:

- Kurodake, Asahidake

- Some touring off the backside of Hakuba

- Nozawa, Myoko, Kagura (staples)

Also really want to do Alaska heli, or BC cat, wallet cramps permitting... Decisions decisions.

Cheers

-D

Yep Huiten Peak. We will require assisstance in getting our gear in and out of basecamp. Thanks for the offer of help. Will be in touch if it looks like it's going ahead.