• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But TJ told us that winter was here a few weeks ago, and didn't say anything about it not being here since, and I always believe him.  

Very wintery here in Mooloolaba Qld as I just got home from a night on the pus with my workmates and got the severe cold shoulder from my be-loved hic!

No probs Tubby. Fwiw, I also take issue with folks calling all snow "powder", but that old chestnut can wait till another day.   The sun's trying to break through at the moment in Hakuba so you can

Where you hoping to go, Rob? I don't reckon much more than the limited Kagura deal will be open. Hope I'm wrong.

Looks like the Mitsumata connecting courses are closed again this morning at Kagura - they are back to using the shuttle bus between Mitsumata Ropeway and Kagura Gondola.

You not been to Maiko yet? Somehow, I thought you had.

I like it there.

:friend:

I was there March 10th.

Oh I have been there - many times, one of my favourite places in Niigata, perhaps Japan, to go boarding. Especially up the tops areas.

Best Skier take a chill pill please. Pete isnt an owner of anything anywhere. Sleet in the Village can turn into alot of snow up high. I had 7 to 10cms on my car sunday morning. It still didnt brake the the 10plus cms needed to get the snowplows out but a nice sign to see. My kids made their first snowman of the season and we managed to make a little tobbogan run in the back yard. It was more exciting to see the kids loving the snow actually. The reports from the people that hiked up Happo and or skied the Goryu closed runs were pretty good. Knee deep conditions for a bit but the bottom was really really really and I mean really thin. A friend said the final 5 minutes was a joke riding on 1 to 2 cms.

The web cams also a nice base up high. I dont think there is a big push this season to get stuff opened quickly. There will be decreased numbers this season for sure.

http://livecam.vill.hakuba.nagano.jp/livecam/?id=4

Well, I for one surely hope that pete and TJ-Cheesy come on and tell us next time it starts to sleet.

I just wish they'd come back to tell us that it has dried up the next day. :confused: They really need to be more complete in their reporting.

Just joshing.

:friend:

Sleet at 700 meters usually means alot of snow at 1000 meters. And for the record it did not sleet in Hakuba we got close to 10cms in the village there isnt much left though in the village. I have a melted sad snowman-ish in the back made by a 5 year old.

Hate to revisit this one last time, but it did sleet when he made his excited post. And that was the main point, not the fact that we got a bit of snow overnight and your kids could make a snowman (which has now died).

And before you continue to blabber on about chill pills and stuff, 'rider69', why not read things first and know what you're talking about. I know it might be difficult for you...

If anyone has the snowforecast feed as well the 9 day forecast the Northern alps and Nigata areas are about to see a consistent winter weather pattern roll in. It Might be sleet but places like Kagura should get enough at their higher elevation to ski some good stuff.

the Northern alps and Nigata areas are about to see a consistent winter weather pattern roll in. It Might be sleet but places like Kagura should get enough at their higher elevation to ski some good stuff.

It being already 17th December on Saturday, I should jolly well hope so!

Jeez Pete, you'd think by now you'd know that saying anything positive about Hakuba will result in the usual bitter accusations of being part of some 'chessy-propoganda' machine.

Thanks for sharing your stoke! It's real and genuine for a lot of us posting on these forums!

You'd think by now you'd know that saying anything positive about Hakuba will result in the usual bitter accusations of being part of some 'chessy-propoganda' machine.

That's taking things to the other unrealistic extreme.

Why can't people just talk about places without going to one extreme or the other.

:wakaranai:

I dont like reading all the cheesy stuff - of which there most definitely IS more from Hakuba than other places, leading me not to know who to believe - and I don't particularly like the sniping back either.

And is any of this new?

In one corner the people who are being accused of crying wolf etc. Their 'mates' come on and defend them, and express outrage and call the ones in the other corner things. ( bitter? :confused: )

It's all extremely predictable down to the list of people on either side.

Can we get onto the next track please.

Personally, I think there's more cynicism in the people pushing stuff than there is in those questioning the barrage of it.

(And btw I'm not implying you, pete).