The FOOTBALL Thread (2011-2012)

For fans of other clubs, it's pretty funny that criticism of KK until yesterday meant an instant ban on RAWK, the main Liverpool fans forum.

If the conventional wisdom of "Liverpool are a big club" still persists, the obvious next move would be to pinch Premiership manager of the year (Pardew) and the scouts that got Tiote, Cabaye, Ba, Cisse, etc. in on the cheap. However, I think Liverpool's general standing might be too weak now for that to happen.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of a shame really to have the Mancurians meeting this early

Didn't Sky used to put on FA cup games or was it just the semis and the final or something?

At first i was all like... hahahahahahahaahahaha!!! then i was all like, "well, there goes the last remaining slither of interest anyone might have about the SPL! but then i thought about it again and

RAWK is funnier than most because it's super heavily moderated and would allow no criticism of Dalgleish at all. A discussion forum with no discussion.

After the Suarez incident, every user name was tagged so that the bit where it says "SJer with xxxx posts" on here said "Luis Suarez is not a racist". For every single user :lol: That's just taking things to an obsessed level.

Liverpool are descending into further mediocrity........if they appoint people like Martinez.....absolute pish teams until the last 10 games of the season where they heroically avoid relegation.....shite.

Pardew and Newcastle just seem to hit it off......ask WH fans or Charlton if he is such a great manager......a big skelp of luck is also needed to succeed.

The En*land team.......well Woy hasn't picked all the popular ones but I'm genuinely worried as this is exactly the type of crap unexpected manager that may just pull England together when no one is expecting it.

I see little Michael Owen has been sacked from Man Utd.

With Hargreaves also gone they can clear out some back room medical staff.

Time for a new brochure then, to tell everyone how "YOUNG" "DYNAMIC" and "DEDICATED" he is.

Tubby

I agree that Pardew has fallen on his feet. The real performers at Newcastle have been the scouts getting the players in.

Some say that the only one Pardew chose himself was Obertan.

Still, he's finished a lot higher than Martinez, which must count for something.

Can't imagine why Martinez would want to take a step down from the mighty Wigan to crappy Liverpool. Hands off, scousers!

Go with Rafa. He's your portly uncle, remember. And provides endlessly amusing quotes.

Time for a new brochure then, to tell everyone how "YOUNG" "DYNAMIC" and "DEDICATED" he is.

Tubby

I agree that Pardew has fallen on his feet. The real performers at Newcastle have been the scouts getting the players in.

Some say that the only one Pardew chose himself was Obertan.

Still, he's finished a lot higher than Martinez, which must count for something.

of course, Pardew has done brilliantly and for whatever the reason, Newcastle are playing well under him. He deserves the manager of the year award no doubt. Just sometimes everything clicks together and managers are successful, other times it doesn't and they are duff. Its a funny ol' game!

Sure is. Bad time for Japan though.

If you want to want something at a decent hour, there's playoff for promotion to the Premiership. Blackpool vs. West Ham. The equivalent of forty or fifty million quids to the winner.

Go hammers, you will have to win without me, can't keep my eyes open

Off to bed for a few hours till CL kicks off