The FOOTBALL Thread (2011-2012)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of a shame really to have the Mancurians meeting this early

Didn't Sky used to put on FA cup games or was it just the semis and the final or something?

At first i was all like... hahahahahahahaahahaha!!! then i was all like, "well, there goes the last remaining slither of interest anyone might have about the SPL! but then i thought about it again and

...and the refs always favour United!! :grandpa:

......and there's always 6 minutes of Fergie time when he needs it! :grandpa:

....etc!

;)

Happily or otherwise, the days of United splashing out on big names - not that we ever really did it frequently in the first place - seem to be over.

So that old chestnut can't be brought out of the bag. Though no doubt it probably will be by some.

Kagawa does look very decent

Know what you mean pie-eater. The way they treat players in overseas leagues > top news "Kagawa passed the ball to another player who then went on to nearly score!!!!!!" all gets a bit ridiculous.

I'm sure it will be popular here though, a Japanese player being at Manchester United.

Rodgers on brink of Liverpool job

Swansea have confirmed they are discussing compensation with Liverpool for Brendan Rodgers after he told them he wanted to move to Anfield

>>> What's he like then? I was really hoping for Rafa.

The Special One seems to rate him highly

Jose Mourinho was looking around for a new head of Chelsea's academy and reportedly head-hunted the Northern Irishman who had a growing reputation in youth football circles.

Born exactly 10 years to the day before Rodgers, Mourinho saw other characteristics which mirrored his own and gradually promoted the former Ballymena United man through the club.

Ambitious

"I like everything in him," Mourinho said. "He is ambitious and does not see football very differently from myself. He is open, likes to learn and likes to communicate."

seems its a done deal, official confirmation when everyone wakes up...from the Beeb

Brendan Rodgers has agreed a deal to become the new Liverpool manager.

The 39-year-old will sign a three-year contract at Anfield and his appointment is likely to be officially confirmed within 24 hours.

haha....no, thankfully the Dale Winton faded after a few days......not quick enough for my wedding mind you, but that's life

**I should change my tag thingy....

Yes does look like it is happening.

As for Kagawa:

Shinji Kagawa will claim the inaugural Bundesliga Football Player of the Year award after winning a majority of the votes as selected by our readers and listeners.

It’s been quite a season for the Japanese international The midfielder has been an important cog in the Borussia Dortmund machine and his value to the club has been emphasised by a £20 million price tag being put on his head as some of Europe’s top sides compete for his signature.

It’s easy to forget that a mere two years ago, Kagawa was playing for Cerezo Osaka in the Japanese second division. The leap from the second tier in Japanese football to the Bundesliga can’t be taken lightly, it says a lot about the Japanese star though that his talent, as well as his character, were more than comfortable with the switch.

Norwich bloke to Villa and Swansea bloke to Liverpool.

Liverpool had many meh results last season, but poor finishing seemed like the main problem.

You can blame the manager if the team doesn't create chances, but it's less of his fault if they are created but not taken.

Norwich bloke to Villa and Swansea bloke to Liverpool.

Liverpool had many meh results last season, but poor finishing seemed like the main problem.

You can blame the manager if the team doesn't create chances, but it's less of his fault if they are created but not taken.

Lambert has signed for Villa??!!

Hulk. What an immense name. :lol:

Do you reckon that some commentators might come out with, er, "the incredible Hulk" if he plays well. I reckon they won't, too cheesy. ;)

my best mate had said, when we were younger, that he'd name his 1st born son "Hulk"......sadly he reneged and called him a rather milder "Jude"......poor show

World Cup qualifier tonight, Oman vs Japan. If I would have know earlier I'd have got tickets, Saitama is right down the road :)

I'm watching to see what Kagawa is like.

For once, I know who Japan are playing. (Obviously, Oman are a team to be reckoned with, with some of the strongest and tallest and bestest players in the world - extremely dangerous opponents!)

Usually its a somewhere like Crapstakiplastikstan or somewhere that even map makers don't know!

;)

Japan play Australia in a world cup qualifier later this month in Oz

I saw the two play in a qualifier at a packed out Yokohama stadium 4 years ago - my first taste of Japanese home football support - I was blown away by the atmosphere

yeah thereis usually a good atmosphere at the games here, plenty of singing. What bugs me a bit about the crowds here is that they don't really react to what's going on on the field. They have a playlist of songs pre-organised and its lead by people with megaphones not even looking at the game. So while the atmosphere is merry, I miss the seething hatred that you can get at a British football game :D

I watched the second half of that game yesterday and I could have sworn the Oman no. 1 was Al-Habsi, the bloke that plays for Wigan in the Premiership. However, from the Japanese commentators, it appears his name is "キーパー".

I think Oman also had brothers playing at center half, because both of them were "クリア".