The FOOTBALL Thread (2011-2012)

Cabaye and maybe Ben Arfa too will play for France so I'll be tuning in.

His squad selection has some of the same olds in it, but good luck to Woy anyway.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of a shame really to have the Mancurians meeting this early

Didn't Sky used to put on FA cup games or was it just the semis and the final or something?

At first i was all like... hahahahahahahaahahaha!!! then i was all like, "well, there goes the last remaining slither of interest anyone might have about the SPL! but then i thought about it again and

Not real football but Rugger

The night before last Scotland beat Australia in Oz for the the first time in ages. It was played in Scottish type conditions with heavy rain and gale force winds.

Fair play to the Scots they put in, played hard and thoroughly deserved their win but I think I now know why they don't like to win too often - check this out -

http://youtu.be/66o1rR2zVBU

Nice celebration but a tad hard on the playing staff !

ah good old Scotland......win when it doesn't matter and then fail gloriously when it does!! :D

**although we do a good job of losing when it doesn't matter as well :p

Distinction between Guts and Balls

To those of you who are nit-pickers about the meaning of words:

There is a medical distinction between Guts and Balls. We've all

heard about people having Guts or Balls, but do you really know

The difference between them?

In an effort to keep you informed, here are the definitions:

GUTS - is arriving home late, after a night out with the guys, being

met by your wife with a broom, and having the Guts to ask, Are

you still cleaning, or are you flying somewhere?

BALLS - is coming home late after a night out with the guys,

smelling of perfume and beer, with lipstick on your collar, and

slapping your wife on the butt and having the Balls to say,

You're next, Chubby.

I hope this clears up any confusion on the definitions.

Medically speaking, there is no difference in the outcome.

Both result in instant death.

00.30 and 03.30 kick offs.

Im sitting this one out lads and lasses. Pity, not that i was even that interested, but it just takes me a few games to remember i like the game again.

Are they on during the day on japanese telly? I might try and avoid the scores and watch them in that case.

council telly is showing some games, but theres a 20 minute lag behind the live pictures from Wowow. I don't know if they'll replay the game during the day as well, but on Wowow they do. Double header from 7pm

France have been playing well, quite a young, vibrant team they have now. Think England will be lucky to win, but its often in these unfancied circumstances that teams pull it out the bag. I can't brng myself to say "good luck" (just too bitter and twisted ;) ) but I'm hoping for a good game of football.

I have Denmark and Ireland in the Euro Sweepie, didn't give the Danes much chance in their group games, nevermind even dreaming about them going far.....but they surprised me yesterday.