The FOOTBALL Thread (2011-2012)

:lol:

Funny this morning I was cleaning my teeth with one of the morning programmes on. Low and behold, apparently tonights Japan opponents --- Jordan --- are a very strong, dangerous and top side with extremely tall players.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of a shame really to have the Mancurians meeting this early

Didn't Sky used to put on FA cup games or was it just the semis and the final or something?

At first i was all like... hahahahahahahaahahaha!!! then i was all like, "well, there goes the last remaining slither of interest anyone might have about the SPL! but then i thought about it again and

United have made their first signing of the summer after confirming they have "reached agreement" to buy 23-year-old Kagawa from the German Bundesliga champions.

Negotiations have been on-going with the Japan international for a number of weeks. The fee is reported to be £12million, rising to £17million depending on various clauses.

The transfer is subject to a medical and work permit, although this is thought to be a formality.

It is not anticipated the deal will be completed until the end of the month as Kagawa is currently on international duty and played in Japan's 3-0 World Cup qualifying round victory over Oman at the weekend.

"Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed terms with both Borussia Dortmund and Shinji Kagawa for his transfer to the club," said a United statement.

Good luck to the lad, but I hope he realizes how good Nani, Valencia, and Ashley Young all are. I bet most Japanese football fans don't and expect him starting every game. If its Rooney-Welbeck in 4-4-2, you probably need a stronger center mid like Cleverly.

After Rooney and Vidic, I reckon Nani is the ManYoo's best player.

don't really rate Valencia that much TBH. He has his days, but I don't think he is top-end good. There was a goal montage of Kagawa's on the news tonight (bet it won't be the last) and he scored some screamers for Dortmund.

Nani.....sometimes is amazing and fades others. I don't think he is as good as they were hoping to fill Ronaldo's boots. Of course very good player, but perhaps not the whole package.

Nani doesn't win any popularity contests with his backflips and pointing to his own name kind of shit hey.

Ronaldo could get away with being uber-cocky because he was... quite good.

Kagawa.

I can see him getting a lot of games, United really need something in mid-field.

He seems like a very decent player good business by United I reckon.

And you'll get to see them a lot on telly over there no doubt!

Nani won't win any popularity contests with that scowl on his face and all that diving, but he's super skilful and very effective. I think he's under-rated. If he's dropped for Kagawa, Kagawa will need twenty assists and eight goals a season just for par. If Kagawa gets that, Japanese tv will be unbearable!

Valencia is a great old school right winger and Ashley Young did well enough for his first season there, I thought. You'd expect a bit more next time, I suppose.

For ManYoo, Kagawa is a great signing for options and strength in depth, but for him himself, I'm not sure its the best move in terms of getting playing time and developing more as a player. They'll have to drop a very good player to get him out there. Its not as if he's an upgrade on Giggs in center mid or whoever at right back.

Talking about Crissy Ronaldo

Cristiano Ronaldo says he wants to finish his career at Real Madrid after winning his first Spanish title.

The £80m world record signing from Manchester United, 27, scored 46 league goals last season as Real ended Barcelona's domestic dominance with a first La Liga crown in four years.

"If it was up to me then I would stay at Real Madrid for the rest of my career - I am sincere," Ronaldo said.

"I would sign for 10 years today if I could, but it also depends on others."

So, soon to get a transfer then. ;)

Can't say I'm mad on Nani myself either though he sure is skillful, but more consistency would be good.

And yes his Evil Head does not help.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Kagawa can do for us.

Not much excitement (generally) about the Euros is there.

I don't even know when they begin without looking

apparently WoWoW are doing a 2 week free trial......so if you phone up tomorrow or something, then you'll be able to get their coverage of it. Will it be on council telly?