Japan Spring/Summer Plans, what's yours?

Post up your ideas/things you will do while you wait for the snow to fall again, lol. I'd like to keep earthquake talk out unless its to mention that a place may be closed/different hours. (just a request)

As of now I'm still on a 2 hour report time, which means I can't go too far :( Hopefully that ends sometime soon so I can get further out smile

Like many I will be out for a while in August but before then I hope to have a good few weekends out and about.

Keen to get over to a few parts of Nagano that I don't know so well yet, down south and west over there.

I have plans for a few days in Sapporo, nothing booked yet but a mate lives up there. Actually after yesterday in Yuzawa, I'd like to go back in the green season for some hiking and perhaps mountain biking if they have that. Would be interesting to see what its like without the snow blanket.

Lots of trails in/near metropolitan Sapporo (Moiwa-yama, Sankaku-yama, Maru-yama) or if you are feeling like an all-day excursion, you can head to Teine and hike to the top of Teine-yama.

Wife, kid and I are heading down to Kyoto and Nara for a week in a couple of weeks time. Really looking forward to seeing a landscape not still completely covered in snow, seeing some green and colour again!

Heading down to Kyoto, Osaka and Nara for Golden Week. Hong Kong in July. Will be getting out on the road bike alot, starting this weekend. Then once it gets warmer, lots of hiking and camping.

All the while saving for a decent touring setup, so I can get out on skis again as soon as there's enough snow next winter!

Nothing planned for Spring, save for some hanami action!

As for the Summer, I'm going down to Kyushu at the beginning of August then taking the ferry to Korea, flying back to England for a month (my first visit in 3 years) then returning to Japan via a few days in Istanbul.

Right now, sweat. Probably plan something closer to the time as will have a fair size chunk off.

Would love to pop up to Hokkaido, depending on plans and power cuts.

Well, up until this year we have rented an apartment in Minami Soma Fukushima for a week or so in August for surfing. I think that plan is out the window, now. I loved going up there.

Probably take a couple weeks at the end of July and go back to Canada but other than that we'll be sticking around here miserable in the sticky heat.

My daughter and I went down to Toya yesterday for some lunch. Nowhere around home yet free of snow so we went to Toya hoping to find some snowfree spots for her to play. It was a beautiful day.

Our lunch spot

5594712236_2abf46d2a5_b.jpg

Seicomart sando for lunch

5594713234_19300fb865_b.jpg

The swans were about as big as she is!

5594127665_ee15c6e0d2_b.jpg

Throwing sand around is fun

5594716018_8e7a9f4e87_b.jpg

Mt Annupuri on the way back home

5594130749_045e74d9e3_b.jpg