• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Originally Posted By: SKI
You will not have a total Japanese experience in Niseko (well in Hirafu at least) but for many of our clientele that's not what they are after.

Yes that's right.
But the ones that do want that, and there are lots of them, probably lots who have been to Niseko and found that out, are starting to find other places. And it is getting easier to do that of course.
And that trend will continue.

Um that's a good thing isn't?
Niseko's success has really helped many other resorts around the country. All good in my book.

It's a good thing that people are finding out that Japan does not equal Niseko, yes.

Not really the point though is it.
Oh yes, I forgot, you don't care what the point is. Unless it's yours.

Regardless of what was said throughout the thread you appear to be trying to make a point now.

And let's be clear I don't contribute to these forums to make friends. I have plenty enough of them and don't need to find more through the internet...

Threads evolve. The original points have been discussed extensively. I'm not into creating a new thread everytime something new is bought up. You and others started bringing up the whole issue of vested interests and how they influence what people write here. I responded to that.

Your entry into this thread other than calling Aussies idiots.

You're staying in Echoland?

I've never been to Hakuba but I do know that that is one of the main areas foreigners in Hakuba stay. If that's not what you wanted you really should have done your homework a bit more. I'm sure there must be some parts of the valley that have hardly any foreigners staying there at all.

You sound like so many people who've come here before you. You come to Japan with unrealistic expectations or go to an area where those expectations won't be met and then complain about it. You've got no one but yourself to blame though through your lack of research. You've probably stayed at a place because it has english speaking staff or an english website and then seem suprised that there are other english speaking people doing the same thing!!

You didn't want to be in an area with many foreigners and yet you ended up in Echoland in Hakuba! You idiot... lol

You are remarkably consistent Go Native so not much evolving there.

Calling people idiots and showing contempt for your customers, esp. those from Asia of course.

I don't deny I have contempt for people who even though they are spending large sums of money on airfares, accommodation, lift passes, etc, etc, appear to have little if any knowledge of the place they coming to. You wouldn't believe some of the questions I have gotten over the years. Personally before spending large amounts of money I generally at least do a little research! I'm pretty sure if you dealt with the sorts of questions I get daily you'd probably think little differently.

ooh! reading that thread i posted up, i saw the whole beer in the onsen debate.

I never used to do it until this year in niseko. And amazingly it was a japanese guy taking his beer in that made me think the times they are a changing. smile

Thanks be to those crazy pioneers of 3 years ago!

Beer in the onsen... man its nice.

when i meant beer i actually er, meant chuhai. And not the 8% STRONG chuhia! nono! the girly stuff in the pretty color cans thats really just cocktails.

Ah cocktails in the onsen. Out of a can... after a hard days not really exercising but more standing on a plank of wood and sliding down a hill... thats the life! And that you can flash your nuts off to all teh people coming down the vale side of hirafu! bliss!

last year at the Green Leaf, a guy got out of the onsen and urinated on the side into a drainage channel wakaranai

wonder if they have a sign up this year saying no urinating?

Originally Posted By: sand
last year at the Green Leaf, a guy got out of the onsen and urinated on the side into a drainage channel wakaranai

Thank God he didn't piss in the onsen. wink

omg

nice!

Ooooh! this all reminds me.

Was chatting away with a couple of guys from gaikoku, and they were talking about their home mountains in switzerland. Apparently there its russians that dont know how to behave smile

Originally Posted By: RobBright

Thank God he didn't piss in the onsen. wink

you do have to look on the bright side for sure wink

This request today cracked me up

Quote:
I may bring my nanny and would like to keep the cost low.

Do you have special rooms for nanny's nearby?

I was considering offering one of the supply rooms in the basement! Pretty sure they'd take it for the right price!1 lol

haha. Actually while travelling I met a couple of crazy Dutch guys who had a large selection of video clips where they had filmed each other taking a dump from.....one was from a tree, another was hanging over a cliff.....maybe they visited Hokkaido!