• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol Oh OK I see now, it is all so clear (clear as yellow snow), you all want 'some' foreigners but just 'not many'. I guess Seemore will say he wasn't saying that as well lol Totally confused...

I wasn;t trying to put words into peoples mouths it really just occured as what I thought people meant... to me that is what you were saying, you would rather not be around foreigners while at ski resorts in Japan. But frankly this now seems more like damage control for lack of specificity rather than anything else, did I confront it on the wrong level? meh!

Here I was then hoping to indulge in some reasonable conversation about the pros and cons of the domestic vs international market but end up debating what the debate is really about. Too cerebral perhaps, my apologies.

Let's just all go back deciding who we would like to play us in a movie... far less controversial. lol

Originally Posted By: SKI
Seems like you misjudged PWL as well. lol

Epic fail!

But I didn't judge anyone smile and this seals it for me... 'misjudged' that is what you all thought. That I was judging you... funny

I think you all REALLY DO want to go to ski resorts with out foreigners in Japan but just can't admit it.

I WILL!!! I would LOVE to go to a an awesome Japanese ski resort and be the only Giajin I saw for weeks on end... sheesh.... but of course none of you would lol

WTF absolutely BIZARRE how this has transpired...
Originally Posted By: Tex
I think you all REALLY DO want to go to ski resorts with out foreigners in Japan but just can't admit it.

Nope, that's not the point.

If you read the points again, you'll see that.
You see I never saw the 'implication' I made as BAD, or NEGATIVE. Only you lot did... WHY?

Nope. You were simply saying that people were implying things that they weren't implying.
Originally Posted By: SKI

Nope, that's not the point.

If you read the points again, you'll see that.
Well the best I can make of it is you want 'some' but not 'lots' please elaborate. confused

What are you all bitching about!?

It all started with PWL bitching (making a comment - disappointed) about being a tourist (which she is) because there are gaijins around her.

I call it a common tourist complex. Don´t wanna have too many of your kind around when you go somewhere. I´m sure if she were surrounded by Hongkong-ite she wouldn´t have a clue.

lol

tit for tat, really ... the rest of you wink

Just love this.

Jynxx - doesn't live in Japan, no real evidence that he has ever even been to Japan. Though he seems to keep on claiming that he has, perhaps in the 1960's or something.

Tex. Has visited Niseko.

Experts on the whole thing with tons and tons of experience of what the scene is really like here.

rollabout

But Jynxx is right... and it isn't unique to Japan.

I established (admitted) long ago I wasn't an expert on Japan and never professed to be one. On the contrary.

I don't know why people got upset. Tourist complex... far too succinct, Jynxx wink and better to call it a syndrome lol

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
What are you all bitching about!?
It all started with PWL bitching (making a comment - disappointed) about being a tourist (which she is) because there are gaijins around her.
I call it a common tourist complex. Don´t wanna have too many of your kind around when you go somewhere. I´m sure if she were surrounded by Hongkong-ite she wouldn´t have a clue.
lol

tit for tat, really ... the rest of you wink

that's what it seems like to me as well. thumbsup
Everyone to their own
I call it a common tourist complex. Don´t wanna have too many of your kind around when you go somewhere.

Hmmmm, er, no, no 'complex', nothing so deep!
Just a bit of disappointment, that's all.
Is that not allowed?

I'm sure if she were surrounded by Hongkong-ite she wouldn´t have a clue.

Well I would actually have a clue, not that it really matters.

It's funny, the atmosphere of this thread is like the one in the bar the other night in Hakuba. Haha. I quickly got out of that too.
wave
Originally Posted By: iiyamadude
Just love this.

Jynxx - doesn't live in Japan, no real evidence that he has ever even been to Japan. Though he seems to keep on claiming that he has, perhaps in the 1960's or something.

Tex. Has visited Niseko.

Experts on the whole thing with tons and tons of experience of what the scene is really like here.

rollabout

cheers

EPIC THREAD CRAP!!!

Amazingly this thread is a dude saying how happy he is to be in japan finally smile

(actually saying that though, the OP started it, so it probably doesnt count as a total threadcrap confused )

Originally Posted By: ippy
EPIC THREAD CRAP!!!

Amazingly this thread is a dude saying how happy he is to be in japan finally smile

(actually saying that though, the OP started it, so it probably doesnt count as a total threadcrap confused )

dude, the dude is a dudette. wink