my freshman year at uni I broke my back...lower lumbar L1-L4...it was very painful, and ended my season early...

but that's a thing in the past...they say once you break a bone, it heals stronger...hope so!

danz

I broke my nose - my face exploded - blood everywhere - it was disgusting - worst injury ever -that was when I was a beginner.

This year I have broken my finger, thouroughly thrashed my knees, gotten a persistant case of whiplash, gotten a mouthful of blood, from biting my lips and tongue, cut my chin, and bruised one of my vertebrae - all minor injuries.

I snapped my acl, not so sore but limits your life for a while. It hurt 100X more to get it fixed but like danz said its all in the past and I think everyone needs to fk themselves up at least once to remember that indeed you are mortal.

Arrrgh. I am now rolling in pain. Not a snow related injury though. Was playing hockey (field hockey) last night and an opponemt miss-hit the ball and sent it flying at high speed at me, at close range, hitting me in the chest. Hit me on the chest and knocked me out. I am now nursing a cracked rib and it really hurts like hell when I sneeze!

I must recover by Easter cause I'm trying to put together a last snow fling for the season in maybe Arai or Niseko.

a shattered collarbone and 2 broken ribs done while fence jumping.one day i spot a decent place with a nice drop after it and go for it, too bad there was a guy standing on the other side and i had to bail to avoid slicing his head off, hit into the fence and got catapulted over slamming my shoulder into the back of the guy's ski's. only boarded 12 times since then. Not bitter about the whole thing tho but i would like my confidence back. \:\)

Lately, it seems the human lawn dart action is a pretty popular way to get a concussion. Had my fair share of crazy spills but I've got a hard head and padded behind. I'm sure my luck will run out eventually.

Latest in a number of snow injuries for me is a pulled tendons in left thumb. Happened on first day of US trip. Needless to say it did not stop me from doing much except wearing a glove properly. \:D

Markie: Cracked ribs? Don't know if the doc gave you one, but a stretchie thing that wraps around your chest to keep it compressed really helps. Mine also healed in about three weeks (as Barok mentioned) but then re-injured in a Boarder-X comp! healed up again after that, and don't have any traces of injury (two seasons) ago. \:\)

Torn ankle ligaments (two seasons ago)- still trying to heal. \:\(

Friend- broke eek.gif his leg last week, on a powder covered mogul course! about 10m into the run, first run of the day! pretty bad fracture. didn't know there were moguls under there, looked like a beautiful, fresh powder run. really a weird accident since he wasn't going very fast. just a freak thing! confused.gif

Thanks a big heap Big K. I actually didn't go to a medic as I thought it would heal itself. I have some elastic bandage. Now that I've tried it seems to help a lot, much less pain.