• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnowJapan Admin

Why exactly can't you see the vid thursday?

Just a general request on things like this but please but if you are experiencing some kind of problem on the Forums with things like this, can you please contact us off the Forums - either PM or email - rather than clog up otherwise good threads with comments. wink

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: JellyBelly
Question: in the first part of the video there seems to be a lift line (ropeway/gondola) but nothing moving on it. What's that, an old one out of operation now?

Just re-watched and that is the Higashiyama old Gondola which was replaced by the Hilton hotel Gondela in Niseko Village.
Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Hey MP, did you shot that video with a Gopro? Good stuff by the way... happy to see Niseko like that!

Thanks! Yeah it was with a go pro pretty excited how the quality is at night!

Should have some more pics up soon, going out shooting with a friend now.

Mini TR:

Went and toured down the road from Moiwa yesterday at a relatively secret spot. Ang and I went out and the snow was actually very stable. It should have resulted in some pretty good shots, so I am waiting to get those and I will post them up. Unfortunately what made for a fun time yesterday will prove to be pretty bad for today. We are getting a good amount of snow here in Niseko but anything not in very tight trees and S/SE/SW facing will be quite hard. Luckily, Tonight, Sat, and Sun look like they should bring around 40-50 cm of snow. That should be enough to make it feel "bottomless" smile

So if you are in Niseko, take today off and do all the touristy stuff as tomorrow and Sun should be realllly good.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
MitchPee wth the peak gate expected to open today I can see through your advice to people to take the day off! You just want fresh lines off the peak for yourself!! wink

Haha that is true, hence expected. I'm going to go out and check for myself after a quick lunch, let's all hope it does!
Originally Posted By: Tex
Hey Mitch let's hook up next week some time, see you tomorrow night anyway I hope. I just want to see you ski, I will slow you down lots however smile

Don't mind Tex, appreciate the company. Will be there tomorrow night with MagSeven (Andy)
Originally Posted By: MitchPee
Hey MP, did you shot that video with a Gopro? Good stuff by the way... happy to see Niseko like that!

Look forward to that.
Rocks.
Originally Posted By: Nisoko
Originally Posted By: MitchPee

Look forward to that.
Rocks.

Got 2 cliff pictures and 3 slash turn pictures waiting for the email smile
Originally Posted By: Nisoko
A,ha!

Precisely, still waiting to get the photos/videos.

Meanwhile....hiked the peak today at Niseko and it was prettttty good. Some of the longest best turns I have had yet. Was quite a bit of a junk show up there with people but here's quick vid and some pictures I pulled away. No tricks, just pow smile

Top of the peak, got there just before the slew of people dropped in about 10th or 15th

mitchpee_34.JPG

Sun came out next run up!

mitchpee_32.JPG

Niseko mid mountain

mitchpee_33.JPG

Vid of a run from the top (go pro got covered after face shots so I am missing quite a bit of video haha):