• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had 3 bottles of Akiaji on Saturday night. What with aching limbs and that, I was totally sozzled and could hardly move!

I have had a few Suntory Premium Malts or whatever it is called.

Nice actually.

Don't like the smarmy git with the very noisy throat on the tv ads, but I'm try to overlook that. wink

Originally Posted By: Man_In_Japan
glass02.jpg

Tonight's beer from Gotemba Kougen.

Very tasty wheat beer, with a hint of lemon aftertaste.

Anyone actually been up to Gotemba Kougen? They do a super good nomi-tabe houdai... and there is a free shuttle from Mishima station (quite close to my house wink )

I have been up there and it is damned good value - 80mins for 3k or thereabouts and with a hotel up there too, it's good for those who have to drive up there. biggrin

Really looking forward to summer and having some guest ales at some pubs next to the canal in Parbold. Good weather days of course. Marvellous way to spend an evening.

pentawards_coedo.jpg

My beer selection this weekend. I recommend the red - its a sweet potato beer. And at 7% quite strong, and classified as haapo-shu, but dear good god. It's bliss in a bottle.

Originally Posted By: Man_In_Japan
pentawards_coedo.jpg

My beer selection this weekend. I recommend the red - its a sweet potato beer. And at 7% quite strong, and classified as haapo-shu, but dear good god. It's bliss in a bottle.

I've just cracked open the brown labelled one, pretty nice. I also have finished their blue label one...mmmm...its ok, nothing special

Great isn't it.

Love it when I go somewhere and find a new jibi-ri. After complaining that they are always so expensive, always get some.