• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had 3 bottles of Akiaji on Saturday night. What with aching limbs and that, I was totally sozzled and could hardly move!

• 2 weeks later...

Beer was fantastic, loads to choose from but was pretty pricey for a night out at the end of the month! I did expect that though so I knew what I was getting into. Its 900-1000 yen for a "pint" and 650-700 yen for a half-pint. The "pint" is no actual pint IMO. Glass is about the same size a regular Japanese beer. I recommend the Midnight Oil Stout, Rising Sun Pale Ale and my favourite was an Apple Ale......I can't remember tha name though and its not logged on their site. It was on the seasonal menu.....nice and refreshing with a hint of apple at the end. The Morning Shot Coffee Stout was also a good one, coffee smell but not an over powering taste. Nice n stouty with a coffee aftertaste.

The BBQ food was quality as well. I had Beef Brisket, 100g of freshly sliced brisket, that was dry marinaded in spices and roasted on a pit fire. Smoky, spicy and melt in your mouth, couple with the BBQ sauce it was top notch. My friends had the BBQ Chicken and rated that the best, it sure looked good. Glazed, smoky aroma and succulent meat underneath. yummy The BBQ pork looked fantastic as well, didn't look dry. The food is reasonably priced, 500-800 yen for a plate of BBQ'd meat.

Well worth a visit, just warn the wife that your wallet is gonna come back empty!! biggrin

Those of you interested and in the area, Baird beer (The Taproom) in Numazu is having a charity event this weekend April 2nd from 1pm to 4pm. 2000Â¥ nomihodai of 2 or 3 different beers. Search the interwebs for more information. Wish I was there!

Yes, there's the 9:47 a.m. tsunami, generally about 135 meters high, which has been termed the Morning Shorty.

That's followed by the 4:19 p.m. surge, known as the Big One, which basically wipes out everything up to the Mt.Fuji 5th Stage.

Quite an annoyance, but you just learn to cope.