Originally Posted By: Man_In_Japan
New Days have started selling.... Sapporo Classic!

Quaffed a few on the way home in the green car. biggrin

Do tell more... green car? As in first class, you first classer!
  • Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had 3 bottles of Akiaji on Saturday night. What with aching limbs and that, I was totally sozzled and could hardly move!

Green car, yeah, the plush nice section on the trains away from commoners. Went up to Tokyo yesterday, well Akihabara, to sell some ps3 and xbox360 games, and thought I would treat myself to the green car.

On the Tokaido line platform, there is a New Days just by the green cars, and popped in to get some snacks. Saw Sapporo Classic so bought some. Hadn't seen it for a long time, besides the posh shops like Queens Isetan or Seijo Ishii, so picked up a few. Very tasty. biggrin

Depends on the distance and day.

If bought before getting on the green car

Weekday

<50kms 750 yen

>51kms 950yen

Weekend and holiday.

<50kms 550yen

>51kms 750yen

If bought on the green car, add 250 yen to those prices.

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
I thought Sapporo Classic was out all year and one of the basics.?

it is out all year, but down in Honshu its not always available. It appears in fits and bursts, GoosieThursday used to say that it was only available up in Hokkaido, but it is available down here as well

They do a few different kinds and I've tried a few of them, all surf related.....pretty good. My local supermarket also stocks Primo Beer, from Hawaii. Very similar to Samuel Adams IMO....which is fine, cos I like Samuel Adams! smile

The sun has now gone down and it's getting dark here now sitting outside my 'lodge' or whatever you want to call it, overlooking a tranquil lake. Lovely.

Oh yes, beer. The current one is called Copper Dragon 'Golden Pippin', brewed it says here in Skipton, North Yorkshire.

And it's rather nice as well.

Originally Posted By: Man_In_Japan
Is that queens isetan?

Am on my way there now with a kirin ice + beer. Tis alright, quite a rich taste.

No, although they do stock it as well. I've moved down to Hon-Kugenuma and Suzukiya is my nearest supa now.....pretty good selection of beer