• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: thursday
several hundred school kids stranded at Heathrow. Cathay booked a hotel hall for them, but they still have to sleep on the floor.

They won't get back before 24th if lucky.
At least they are thinking outside the box here and using spaces such as this. Some of the mobile phone footage I have seen from inside the terminals is 3rd world!! Horrid.

There was some report about a family who had set up residence in the disabled toilet and a woman in a wheelchair couldn't get in there to use the loo. The family were too scared to give up the space less that had no where else to be! That is completely unfathomable!
Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Todays Heathrow flight flies late and right now tomorrow is "on schedule", so Tubby might be lucky. Whats the status on the Edinburgh flights though TB?

well my mate was on the flight today, just left actually, but he'll miss the Edinburgh connection. He'll have to stay overnight and get the 6.45am one. BA are gonna pay for a hotel apparently. Edinburgh weather is clear so as long as I get to Heathrow I should be able to get a flight north
Originally Posted By: thursday
Reports from arrived passengers that it was like a refugee camp. When some food came, there were scrums and people getting knocked over to get a sandwich.

What kinda management does BAA have? Cavemen?
Agree.
It is quite appalling.

I can understand not spending the money to deal with the one or two times a year that there will be these delays, but it would cost them a lot less to have accommodation and food/water contingency plans in place. How hard is it to have a storage room full of thin mattresses/blankets/comfort kits/and organize catering...

The money spent would be worth it's weight in gold in PR.
As it is the PR from NOT doing it is going to have massive costs.