• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not for me.....I have to go up to Edinburgh. Heathrow is just the hub where I change!! omg Meant to be clear tomorrow and tues but starts snowing again on wed....I'll be up in the air....with any luck we'll make it in!

yeah. I've just had a look at the forecast for next week and Heathrow is now down to get sleet conditions which is a bit better than snow, should arrive in Blighty ok, but Edinburgh is forecast for snow......that might be tricky

I understand the delays.

And if it was just a matter of flying people in when the weather cleared enough, then it would just be one of those unavoidable delays ... suck it up.

BUT

The real problem comes when things get moving again.

Are they able to, or going to, put on extra planes to get 5 days worth of people moved and through the airport in 1 day, or is this going to have a massive flow on effect.

I guess the 2nd.

Quantas have cancelled lots of flights from Oz so maybe they might use one of the newer planes instead of the ancient 767 that normally flies to Toyko and everyone on board will get additional seats clap

Seemore

Originally Posted By: seemore
Quantas have cancelled lots of flights from Oz so maybe they might use one of the newer planes instead of the ancient 767 that normally flies to Toyko and everyone on board will get additional seats clap

Seemore
Not even sure if the Perth runway is long enough for an A380...Check the interwebz thingy - and seems they do fly out of Perth - huh...who knew?!
Originally Posted By: big-will
A wild out-there guess, but I would think Mr Beaver already has his ticket and there ain't much room for all these fabulous changes to plans.

wink

that would be correct big Will. While all these are fabulous ideas, flying in here or there, my ticket is for Edinburgh via Heathrow so not really all help to me! smile

Blu.......unfortunately my family live in Scotland and not Austria so while the boarding is indeed much better in the Alps than the Cairngorms, the fact that my family live in Scotland means that to have a family Christmas means I have to fly to Scotland! biggrin Boarding isn't the reason I'm going home but if I can get a day up Glenshee while I'm home, all the better thumbsup