• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the backlog of flights get cancelled and its up to the airport/airline staff in that airport to get them out. I reckon that your sis (and me) should be ok....there might be delays when we get there, but at least we'll get there.

Not so sure.

Flights are heavily booked for Christmas travel.

They don't have a couple of spare planes they can whip out, nor spare parking stands or gates at airports to do double duty on flights and get caught up.

I am worried the fallout from this delay will sustain us until the next big snowfall causes MORE.

But the end result will be people stop trusting that they can safely make air travel plans for important times like Christmas, and start looking at other options - like not flying home for Christmas. Double tragedy - for families and also for airline profits.

uh-oh

"One million passengers were due to pass through Heathrow alone this week and with warnings of further bad weather in the next few days, some travellers whose flights have been cancelled were told they faced waits of up to five days. "

Well, his flight was canceled yesterday but he was told that he should go to the airport to try and get on a flight. Of course, now that he is there they are asking him to wait. I just sent him a message to see exactly what is going on... will update if I get some info from him!