• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been the hottest summer I've ever experienced up this way. In fact I reckon we could be heading towards the hottest summer on record in parts of Hokkaido. Still not as hot as down south but as virtually none of us up here have AC it's been a little uncomfortable.

Originally Posted By: Nisoko
Yes it has been hot and not very comfortable.

Some people will no doubt be wondering whether to get aircons or not.

Do lots of the buildings that tourists reside in have aircons?

Last summer I only had to use a fan in the evening a handful of times the whole summer. This one I've been using one most nights for the last couple of months. Amazing the difference between this and last summer.

What are the locals* saying of this GN/Nisoko? First time like this or other years when it has been as hot?

( I mean, the Japanese long-timers, if there are any left wink )

Certainly has been the hottest summer for some years, more like when I first came to Japan. Today is also very humid here, in fact I think today is the most humid day we have had all summer so far, more like being in Tokyo today than in the Yamanashi mountains!

Hugely humid walking home from station again tonight...but, that's August in Tokyo. The temp was probably a tiny bit lower than average. Not early enough to check out if there was a view of Fuji, but with this much humidity I have to doubt that. (Add ``sweaty'' icon here)

Originally Posted By: Slippery Jim
Hugely humid walking home from station again tonight...but, that's August in Tokyo. The temp was probably a tiny bit lower than average. Not early enough to check out if there was a view of Fuji, but with this much humidity I have to doubt that. (Add ``sweaty'' icon here)

Fuji was JUST peeking its head out last night at sunset. Usually in August its very rare to see Fuji at all, but this year there have been plenty days where Fuji is visible from the beach. The sunsets have been pretty spectacular as well