• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, jalapenoes were a disaster this year, too. They ended up getting a lot of root rot. Last year was a bumper so I still have a bunch in the freezer.

My hot sauce has become quite popular and am considering going "pro". It's thick like a condiment rather than a typical shaker type. Recipe is a little o this and little o that and lots a luv.. stir

I actually started the jalapenos really early this year and got lots before they went tits up in the middle of last month. Pickled lots of them so think they'll last until next year~ish. Getting the winter garden ready now but we'll have to wait until things cool down a little to make any use of it!

I get my soy from this very small brewery who have always used the traditional method of fermenting and using their own beens.

No that organic is all the rage, they are top dogs, but they've not changed their methods for 150 years.

And then there's them going wakaranai

Was a pleasant day up this way at 18-26 with humidity below 70% most of the day. Currently about 21. Looking forward to tonight though as they are forecasting an overnight minimum of 12 degrees! And only a max temp tomorrow of 23. Still slightly above average but it will be very much appreciated thumbsup

Went up to a max of 25 briefly today, before dropping down to around the 22oC mark, felt lovely to be working outside under cloudy sky and cooler temps for once. It rained here but not so much and was more showery than constant.