Thinking about checking out these places, anyone ever heard of them? wink

But seriously. I see Rusutsu and Niseko are on different sides of Yotei. Is the snow comparable or any noticeable differences, all other things being equal?

Not really scientific, but the snow seems lighter and less packy at Rusutsu. Could be just timing though (i. e. maybe I lucked out at Rusutsu), although I've been to both places repeatedly.

It's best to be flexible if possible to move between one and the other. There are plenty of stories where it's been dumping big time in Niseko and people have headed over to Rusutsu only to find there's barely been a dusting. The opposite can happen as well.

I don't have a huge amount of experience. We went over and stayed in Rusutsu for 3 days and I have stayed in Niseko for considerably more. We found conditions pretty similar on the whole. Which means fantastic!

I enjoyed Rusutsu. It wasn't as busy and it was great to see a new place.

Why would you be unlucky? I've never understood this antagonism towards other Aussie travellers. Anyway these days I'd say it would be unusual not to see a lot of Aussies over there daily. It's definitely become more popular in recent years.

Originally Posted By: thursday
It's unlucky if you see a Sing. They are the second most annoying people in the world.

Which begs the question...?

I treid that stuff once while seriously inebriated - instantly sober.

Then about 45 seconds later I felt myself getting drunk again in the space of about 10 seconds - in my moment of sobriety I realised I didn't want to be drunk anymore... nothing I could do about it, weird, really weird.