Jesus will return by 2050, say 40pc of Americans

Quote:
More than 40 per cent of Americans believe Jesus Christ will return to Earth by 2050, according to a poll.

Here are some other findings of the poll:

• 71 per cent believe cancer will be cured by 2050.

• 81 per cent believe computers will be able to converse like humans.

• 68 per cent of those under 30 predict a world war by 2050.

• 53 per cent say ordinary people will travel in space

• Nearly three-quarters, or 74 per cent, of those polled believe it likely that "most of our energy will come from sources other than coal, oil, and gas".

• Yet 72 per cent believe the world is likely to experience a major worldwide energy crisis by 2050.

• 66 per cent say the Earth will definitely or probably get warmer but it breaks down strongly along political lines, with just 48 per cent of Republicans saying so and 83 per cent of Democrats.

• 42 per cent say it is likely that scientists will be able to tell what people are thinking by scanning their brains but 55 say this will definitely or probably not happen.

• 89 per cent believe a woman will be elected US president by 2050.

• 86 per cent say it is at least probable that most Americans will have to work into their 70s before retiring.

• 41 per cent say Jesus Christ will return within the next 40 years while 46 per cent say this will definitely or probably not happen.

• 63 per cent anticipate the demise of paper money

• 61 per cent say almost no one will send letters by 2050.

• 31 per cent expect the planet will be struck by an asteroid.

The good thing is though, that it seems people are optimistic about getting past that doomed 2012 date.

I just don't know who or what to believe!

Quote:
Sonseed was a Christian pop band formed at the Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Brooklyn, New York in the late 1970s. The line-up included Sal Polichetti (bass, vocals); his then-wife Patricia Costagliola (keyboards, vocals); Frank Franco (guitar, vocals); Kevin McGillen (backup vocals); and Nicky Sciarra (drums). Their sole album, First Fruit, was released in 1983. Sal Polichetti has also announced that in the summer of 2009 Sonseed will be releasing an EP on Arena Rock Records which includes selections from the original First Fruits album. A proposed follow-up, Just Can't Get Enough (Of Jesus!!!), with more new wave and New Romantic elements, never saw official release, but some bootleg tracks have surfaced.

Nicky Sciarra became district manager of Community Board 7 in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. He died in 1993 after apparently choking on a sandwich.

The band came back into the spotlight in 2008 when a recording of them performing their song 'Jesus Is A Friend Of Mine', from a religious TV show, appeared on the Dougsploitation blog, and subsequently became a YouTube hit[3], where it spawned several parodies. Polichetti performed the song live at the Bowery Poetry Club in New York City on November 14, 2009 with the ska-swing band Tri-State Conspiracy.

In mid to late 2009 the band's 1983 album became a recurring subject of theological scrutiny by Todd Friel of the FamilyNet radio program called Wretched Radio. Friel eventually aired every track of the album over a several week period, the last song being aired on September 17, 2009.

Damn, no follow up "Just Can't Get Enough (Of Jesus)!!!" doh

I'm a bit disappointed though that Jesus didn't help the bass player and his wife with their marriage and indeed Nicky when he was chocking on his sandwich.

It's like the Evangelical and crazy other sects of Christianity here in the states. People that believe being gay is the absolute epitome of what is wrong with the world like the westboro baptist church. Sad how some people can be so easily led like sheep. They start them at 5 years old or so and completely block any chance of open-mindedness the child may have.

There's a couple good documentaries: Bible Camp and Religulous. Both are lol

Choking on a sandwich? Did he also play the drums in Spinal Tap?

Christian ska punk with New Romantic elements? What on earth is that going to sound like!?

Quote:
66 per cent say the Earth will definitely or probably get warmer but it breaks down strongly along political lines, with just 48 per cent of Republicans saying so and 83 per cent of Democrats.

Bizarre.

Do they think IT is going to be black, Yellow or white, man or woman ? Japanese, Chinese, Indian? I thought last time he came back as Gandi and got killed. I bet he/she will get killed again.

I was once in Kentucky, working in a steel mill.

One guy came up to me and asked,

"Do you belieeeve in re-in-car-nation? "

"Is that a Ford or Chevy?"

"Well, it aint fair that your god gives you so many laaaives, and I get one!"

"Well, if you don't believe in it, how come Jesus is coming back so many times?"