• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: @tokyo
Dunno, Mamabear, I had a bad case of diahhrea once and I didn't want to be playing in the snow then.
rollabout

Gods honest truth I am sick as a dog - have a cough that belongs in a hospital ... so I am much better off in my warm bed in my heated house far far away from the snow right now, and not getting pneumonia. But I still wish I was there and healthy wink
Originally Posted By: Captain Stag
Last weekend at Remarks was pretty good too.. Too good for messing about with a camera on the Saturday but on the sunday all the easy pow was gone and we had to hike for it so we had time to film some of it. With the lower quality clips for the internet it gets a bit hard to see some of the more distant shots but I'm sure you get the idea.

thumbsupthumbsup
We get the idea. Good that you got out the camera.
Originally Posted By: TJ OZ
Aussie resorts are getting absolutely puked on at the moment with even more to come over the next couple of days. Better late than never I say. Sets the resorts up for a good spring now.
So with that much white powder on the ground you kinda wonder why someone would feel the need to get their high from the illegal kind in Jindy, huh?
Originally Posted By: TJ OZ
Aussie resorts are getting absolutely puked on at the moment with even more to come over the next couple of days. Better late than never I say. Sets the resorts up for a good spring now.

Que Mantas. smile Next week in Thredders for me. smile groovy

ARGH!

I am SO JEALOUS!

Did you see todays pic's - it has absolutely puked down!!

They've got the snowblowers out on Friday Flat just to make a walkable path from the stairs into the restaurant! The chairs and tables have got over 20cms on top of them!

Papa is in Adelaide this weekend for a Greyhound race...I wonder if I can convince him to do the following weekend up there if she wins?

[seriously though...I am really glad you are going when there is great snow cover - it is everybody's wish]

ooohhhh... I am buying Papa a DSLR for Fathers Day - That is not this weekend, but next...maybe we can do a Fathers Day snow getaway and he can take pic's with his new camera (you know I am living in fantasy land about getting over there don't you! lol ) ((not about the DSLR though-am really doing that)).

Broken leg boy: On the mend. No surgery required in the end, was an General Anesthetic to set the fracture and was touch and go for a while, but it is healing nicely finally.

He got the fibreglass cast on last week, and has 3 more weeks to run on that, but because it took 2 and half weeks for the swelling to subside enough for the fibreglass to go on over the top and seal the gap they left in the front they were actually able to completely remove the plaster - a NAKED LEG - and put the fibreglass on properly. It hurt like hell...but the leg stayed in one piece (gently gently though) and it was pretty freaky seeing a good 4 to 6 inches of leg was black and blue. He is getting around a lot better now, but his hands are really suffering on crutches - he is a big boy, so carrying his 6ft1 90kg frame around on his hands is tough work - lots of blisters and bruising when he get's home from school.

So should get it off in 3 weeks. That will be 6.5 weeks from injury, then if the xrays are good we begin the rehab side of things. He has lots of stuff to aim for - and is already using the home gym to keep his strength up in the rest of the body. He has really impressed me actually - shown strength under pressure...sort of made the transition from boy to man, not bad for a 13 yr old who just a couple of years ago we got all excited the day he finally made it thru a rugby game without crying. lol

LOL SKI ... he IS a lucky Papabear, but not because of getting a DSLR...because he has a fabulous wench and 4 adoring sons wink

The reality is I have no idea what to get him and we have talked about getting a decent camera for the longest time. That talk is intensifying and he would be likely to go and buy one before long (but there is a lull...nothing that we REALLY want awesome action shot picks of for a while. Little man just completed his rugby season and won the premiership - officially belongs to the top team in his age group in the state. And broken boy isn't gonna be doing anything fancy soon. And no ski trips booked until January ---> so now is my chance. Also he has just come down with the flu that flattened me (although I did manage to go snowboarding) for 3 weeks...so I reckon I can beat him to the buy wink

He also has a birthday in Nov ... so I can kind of justify just getting little bits then, maybe a new accessory or whatever.

Have to say though ----> if it weren't for broken boy I would be booking tickets to Thredbo TODAY for the fathers day weekend. That snow looks awesome!!! You guys lucky enough to go are going to be so stoked!!

I was supposed to pack all the ski gear back into the loft tomorrow...and I am actually thinking about leaving it out in case I can get away... It is bucketing down!

SNOW...SNOW....SNOW...SNOW...

[All those lifties that stuck their piste maps in the freezer did the job!]

Wish I was there. Been a very long time since Aus resorts have experienced snowfalls like they've had over the last couple of days. Higher areas likely to get a total near 1m of fresh snow this week. About an average week in Niseko but bloody awesome for Aus! party

Wednesday - didn't get past the carpark on Wednesday due to the weather. Was -5 degrees in the car at 1030. Decided to put the snow chains on the Subaru for one section - up into Guthega village. Heard reports of cars off other roads. Winds hit 130kph on Wednesday night at the Mt BlueCow weather station.

Thursday - having heard the pow reports from Wednesday, we made sure we got into it on Thursday. Weather still a bit extreme but hardly anyone out at Perisher. Offpiste freshies right up to when we left. The quality of the snow reminded us of the J pistes.

Friday - weather improved slightly & noticeably more crowded. Some areas were now getting tracked out.

Saturday - left it for the weekend warriors. Absolute traffic chaos in Jindy this moring.

Originally Posted By: blu
Wednesday - didn't get past the carpark on Wednesday due to the weather. Decided to put the snow chains on the Subaru for one section - up into Guthega village. Heard reports of cars off other roads.
Thursday - having heard the pow reports from Wednesday, we made sure we got into it on Thursday. Weather still a bit extreme but hardly anyone out at Perisher. Offpiste freshies right up to when we left. The quality of the snow reminded us of the J pistes.
Friday - weather improved slightly & noticeably more crowded. Some areas were now getting tracked out.
Saturday - left it for the weekend warriors. Absolute traffic chaos in Jindy this moring.

thumbsup

That'd be the stoopid RBT they set up then?
Good idea to leave it the weekend warriors this weekend I reckon.
Hope there is a top up over the weekend and you get some freshies with blue skies and no crowds and no RBTS on Monday :-)