Pies: 2

Beer: 4

Well first full day in the UK. Typical Wigan weather. Rain > cloud > sun > rain > heavy rain > sun > rain > cloud. But good to be back. 2 pies consumed already and 4 beers good start.

Feeling rather tired this evening so nearly time to take some kip.

wave

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got home yesterday, missed our connecting flight in Heathrow, got squeezed onto the 1st flight out to Edinburgh so managed to squeeze in a quick pint of Murphys in the 30 mins before the flight took off.

Got home to my parents house whre the old man had made one of his curry specials....mmmmmmm. Had about 6 beers at my parents so my starting count is....

Beers:7 Pies:0

it was tennants.

Had 2 Dundee Pies yesterday

went out with mates last night had many beers...I think it was about 10 beers, mostly Guinness

Pies: 2

Beers:17

Scoffed this afternoon at one of the best chippies in Southport, Merseyside. In fact, this chippie is just round the corner from the bar where Stevie G was totally not guilty of punching some bloke last December. 'Home made steak pie'. Marvellous. Raw onions not in picture.

chipps.jpg

thumbsup

had a BBQ yesterday, drinking from 1.30pm until 1.30am....too many beers to count or keep track of, no pies but an absolute smorgsbord of food!!!

Off to the Isle of Skye tomorrow, probably not drink so much today!

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Scoffed this afternoon at one of the best chippies in Southport, Merseyside. In fact, this chippie is just round the corner from the bar where Stevie G was totally not guilty of punching some bloke last December. 'Home made steak pie'. Marvellous. Raw onions not in picture.

chipps.jpg

thumbsup

Some days I could really do with a plate like that thumbsup

ooooohhhhhh shityeah !

chunky steak pie

mashed peas

my favorite place was next to darling harbour on the ultimo side coming off the walk bridge.. was huge serving, too.

Lismore NSW has one but the serve size is too small. These things gotta be big !

I can finish it off with a huge Pavlova cake .... mmmmm

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Weren't you slagging off British food a while back Jynxx? wink

haha so he was!! lol

Ok, well I'll have to assume that I was drinking 1 beer every 1 hour on average so I'll pin 12 beers for my total yesterday

Beers=29
Pies=2

ahhhh.. c'mon guys

this is not some beanz-meanz-heinz tinned stuff and there are some yummy english food

ie) Roasts with spuds, parsnip, pumpkin with yorkshire pud

ox tail soup

ox tongue

real pies with mash

sweet rice pud

branston pickel

stilton cheese

They are cho-yummy !

but it's not a long list for sure and I couldn't eat it every day.

Still I won't budge that bread is thumbsdown in GB, JPN and OZ.