by the way, when I went to OZ for the first time I was really looking forward to eating the pies and got disappointed.

If you think I was slagging off Brit food, wait till I go off on how bad Aussie food was.....

until I had lamb cutlets on a barbie, which I ate 36 pcs with a few blowflies.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Scoffed this afternoon at one of the best chippies in Southport, Merseyside. In fact, this chippie is just round the corner from the bar where Stevie G was totally not guilty of punching some bloke last December. 'Home made steak pie'. Marvellous. Raw onions not in picture.

chipps.jpg

thumbsup

Some days I could really do with a plate like that thumbsup

Am I mistaken, or do the chips look cold and dank.

A photo will never do it justice.

At that chippy the chips are always very hot. I have been countless times and never been disapponted. It's won tons of awards, I know scouser likes it too, perhaps he'll confirm.

friend

Seems end of July into August is the peak of people rushing out of Japan for summer. Can't say I'd blame you with the heat.

How long are all you guys here / in other countries on hols?

Fuzzy one. A few different definitions

Quote:
A Northern English person not born in Liverpool (especially someone from the towns of Wigan, St Helen's, Widnes, Warrington and Runcorn).

So that would include me though I don't think of myself. I'm a pie-eater.

Quote:
A person born in the town St. Helens, in the North West of England. This word can be used as an insult as well as an identification.

That one would just include SJ1, not me.

If you include pasties, I made about eight in total. One trip to Greggs and you can hit a boundary! Fave pie was actually a Banoffee Pie my missus had in a gastropub. Best meat one was my mam's favourite from the butchers which was very meat heavy. A couple of bits sitting in gloop it was not.

About thirty pints, maybe half in the form of cider. I think the treacley beers, Old Peculiar etc., taste better in winter.