My Fargos are 02/03 i believe. Vans are the one boot that we don't seem to get early this year. I was mistaken about the Contras, i was thinking of the Omnis. I have kept an eye out for the 03/04 Vans boots but haven't seen them anywhere. We got the new boots for evey other boot but not Vans. Damn 'em.

O11 - taken any big spills on that board yet??

I have this thing that looks like a snowboard sitting in my apartment, it is really just a bastardization of spare parts that I have left over from stuff that didn`t break this season. One never summer premier, with no effective edge, and a chewed up base, one ride jeff brushie binding, and one burton c14 binding - all of this gear has seen brighter days.

On the plus side - I am the proud new owner of an option kevin sansalone, myself. ebay $265 US - a steal of a deal. Also looking to get boots, bindings and the rest of my stuff from ebay, as I can usually save 40% and with the messed-up style of riding that I do, I can`t afford to keep buying new stuff at retail, everytime the old stuff breaks - need to get connections, ebay is great, but it is truly only for the trusty shopper.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
Yeah, but you must have beaten them to noodles with all that time you spent on them. How happy is she likely to be next season? ;\)
Yeah I thought about that because the skis have totally lost any "snap" they once had and I was feeling a bit bad about selling them to some punter, but considering this chick goes to church every Sunday and is a bit of a priss IMHO I dont think its going to be a big deal. RIP my beautiful skis. Enjoy your retirement " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

Why do I seem to get this question so often? :p

They were just some standard Fischer carvers. 165cms, about a 60 waist, drs control or something? I cant even remember now confused.gif (they had flames down the middle I remember that bit!). Im saving all my money from selling off my posessions here and gonna get me some thing to blow me away when i get back to NZ. After 3 seasons my old ones are well and truly buggered but I had some money issues this year so by the time I had the cash there was nothing left to buy. \:\(

Anyone else find it big time sentimental to get rid of old skis? Those Fischers nursed me back from a nasty knee reconstruction so I feel a kind of afinity with them. Weird.

Any suggestions for a decent skier, 60 or so kg, 170cm or so tall looking for more of an all mtn ski so thinking not go too beasty fat, maybe 75mm waist or so? Not too fat - just like me!

Woman fat is where I put a link before but for the ladies K2 phat luv. 75mm waist just doesnt cut it period. If you dont ski moguls then 80mm minimum and nothing else will do. You can short turn fat skis or open them up. You can just do more trust me on this point. The wife who his smaller than you skied almost everyday on a pair of pocket rockets 165.

Zwelgan you sounded like you were selling your children or something. Very emotional. I don't mind getting rid of skis because that means I get a new pair. That is far more exiting than getting rid of old ones.

On a another note. I just baught this Dakine ski bag. It is called the Dually. Two zippered compartments which I can stuff everything in. I will have to get another pair of skis as well just so I can carry them around. It even has wheels.

I know what u mean Zwelgen, I hate to give ip the old skis. The only ones i have parted with are ones I snapped in Niseko then lost in the pow trying to ski back on one ski and my last pair of bandits which I didnt like all that much. I would have just kept them but my friend wanted to buy them so I almost gave them away. Even though they were not my fav skis I still ensured they went to a good home and I can visit them from time to time (and my friend for a beer). Also, for your new skis have a look at the line darkside or skogen or one of the new models.

Whats the deal with the flowers on the phat luvs??? Who on earth are they aimed at? I dont know about the other ladies here but Id be embarassed to rock up to the mountain with those strapped to my feet. It screams "Im a wuss" and "Im not hard" stuff that. I wouldnt get them for the sole reason that the graphics are naff. Dont get me wrong, ive got nothing against flowers but its not very inspiring to look down and see some hibicus. Gimme a flame breathing dragon or summat.

Yeah the graphics suck crap but beening that they are the only lady powder skis out there I figure you could buy some stickers and doll them up.

If you want a dragon spitting flames then you got it come up right now http://www.getboards.com/snow/twintips/dynastar/littlebigfat_zm.html

There`s your dragon with flames. This ski is pretty fat too, but not too fat.

So what's wrong with flowers??? I personally wanted to cover my old skis with daisies... \:D but then again, I don't have the desire to do the same to my new skis (they have flames - I like em!). I suppose I'd have to see the skis in question though. My opinion is, if the skis look naff, then ski so well that people look at you and not the skis ;\)

ha ha jared, i used the smiley faces!!!!!!

yeah but I want to get my skis out of the car and go grrrrr. Just the same reason why I dont listen to namby pamby music on the way up. You gotta get psyched, gotta get in the mood to ski good and lame as hibiscus wouldnt do it for me. They look like that stuff the yamamba shibuya gals love. Not for me (but the ski does look good)

Yeah, you got a good point there. Maybe I will do it for a laugh one day, but I love my skis too much right now. I would definately recommend my skis if they still sold them. They are Rossi Pow Airs (look exactly like the Rossi Moguls) but now they make the Scratches - you should try them out. Dunno about the specs compared to mine, but they are great for everything - and fat enough for me in powder since I'm a bit of a midget. The skis that Fattwins has would be good too (if I had the money right now I would buy me some of those in an instant!!!)