Who was it last year who periodically came on here and posted amazing pics of skiers and boarders in action? Was it mogski?

Anyway, I want some to keep me cool!!

Time for the next post"!

That first pic is sick, just sick. It made something inside of me go ooooh. I want to be in that powder, blowing it up behiend me mmmm. Not the kind of stuff youd want to get stuck in mind you!

And the last one has to be nz, braided river, snow on just the peaks. 5 weeks till Im there, oh yeah (just my periodic skite. Who wants a ski buddy in NZ from 19th Aug? Im mateless at the mo)

its the snow line. determined by the temperature and the reflectivity of the ground/snow so without knowing i would guess it usually sits a bit lower than the freezing point.

thems muntins are pretty big - not so high on global scale, but the river below may only sit at about 500m and the peaks all be around 2000m. it aint so cold in the valley in the day. subsequently the valley dunt get much snow and any snow what falls goes pretty quick. even the fore-ground is only half covered with snow. the fellows in the south dunt get the snow like up here. couple of good dumps a season and not much in between.

• 2 weeks later...

Are the resorts down there made on mountains like that? If they are, dumb question maybe, but how does it work like? The resort starts high up with roads up to there or just incredibly long lifts starting where there's sometimes no snow.

confused.gif lol.gif \:D

I find the NZ pic depressing. When I go to the snow, I want the stuff everywhere, top to bottom. It is like a security blanket. I am sure NZ is a lot better than Oz for snow sports, but that pic still reminds me of the god-aweful Australian snow scenario.

When I arrived in Switzerland there was a scene like the NZ shot (not quite as extreme) and I felt very uncomfortable as a result. I found myself not wanting to look down into the valley. Once it dumped top to bottom I felt a lot better.

I like things in excess.

Looks like Parker is using the same pop-out Belligerent bindings that I had... Bad luck man.

And I was going to say that Mr. Fountain is wasting lotsa powder there, but there's no freshies on the trees, so I guess it's just horrible gank that he's jumping over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...