• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just getting over 10 horrible days with the flu

No not Swine Flu - much worse!

It's MAN Flu, you know, the one where you are coughing your guts out all night & hawking up unmentionable sticky gunk.

Fellows you know MAN Flu........it's the one where you get absolutely no sympathy from your wife. slap

I didn't wear a mask for my trip. We were in biz and there were empty seats left right and centre.

On the way back, a Japanese lady asked for a mask and she wore it. It was a good idea. She wasn't pretty.

Tubbs, hope you don't catch anything. But just incase, have you made a will? or at least put your insurance policies on your desk before you leave.

Another precaution would be to get whiskies as a mouthwash to make sure the germs don't get in. Have a high blood alcohol count and maintain it. I'm sure the virus won't like alcohol.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
many more deaths being reported here now.

Barely any more than what you'd normally expect from the regular flu though.

True GN.

However some are now coming to light WITHOUT the underlying medical conditions as the reason for death.

It seems a H1N1 strain swept through in the 50's and early 60's, so those who are 45+ have mostly some immunity, but it is the under 45's at greatest risk.

They are also talking excess weight and pregnancy (as separate factors) as risk factors of swine flu complications leading to death. There are a number of otherwise healthy pregnant women on life support here in Aus :(

Yep MB I guess it all becomes so much scarier when average Joe can die as well rather than just the very old or young or those with underlying medical conditions. Of course statistically you're still probably much more likely to die driving to work in the morning than from this flu but hey we never get too worried about that do we?

I suppose GN, but you can drive with caution and care, wear a seatbelt and have a car with airbags - all things that reduce your risk.

If some infected person coughs all over you there is not a lot you can do..

Doesnt stop me doing what I want to do or going where I want to go, but I do understand why some are concerned.

really?

got a bit of a lull in hysteria here in Aus.

I woke up with a tickle in my throat and a sniffle - so I am hoping it is nothing. Already had my fair share of illnesses this winter angry

• 1 month later...

Well getting close to 3000 deaths worldwide since it started in early March. So after about 6 months it's been killing off around 16 or so people a day on the whole planet. When you consider that the normal flu kills close to 100 people a day in the US alone it starts to put in perspective just what a ridiculous beat up this whole thing has been.