• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 million people die from malaria a year. One every 30 sec.

1 in 5 child death

something like 2 jumbo jet loads of kids die from it everyday ...

It's just about spreadability. flu is like "the margarine of disease"

Yeah but 90%+ of them would be in 3rd world countries Jynxx which is why we in the west barely care less. It's only when white people in 1st world countries die that the media gets all excited.

Isn't/wasn't the hype mainly about what it could potentially become, rather than what it is. Obviously over the top whichever way you look at it.

Of course there are still concerns that it may mutate into a more virulent strain later on and sure if it does then maybe some of the hype we've seen now would then be justified.

Personally I don't think it would be such a bad thing to cull the human population a bit anyway razz

AAAHHHHHHH better clarify myself incase people think I am a Nazi racist or something.

1) People who hurt animals - Swine Flu

2) People who hurt children - Swine Flu

3) Extreme Drug Attacks - Swine Flu

4) People that hurt other people - Swine Flu

If only it worked that way...

It seems it is getting the little babies who have no defences, the pregnant women otherwise fit and healthy, and people who through no fault of thier own are already in a battle for thier lives - kids with leukemia, Mum's with breast cancer, Dad's on the waiting list for heart surgery.

I do hear ya snowhuntress - it would be nice if there was a selective plague to pick off the scum of the earth - bit like a colonic cleanse (not that I would know what one of those is like first hand!!) - but it dont work that way sadly.

• 9 months later...