• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This year I thought I would create a special "Cheese at Resorts" Gallery.   At the moment, myself along with Cheesewoman, Cheesegirl and Cheeseboy are at Nozawa Onsen in Nagano. Lovely place, but

A tale of 4 baby cheeses - Pt 1   I heard a small voice calling to me from the convini at Furano, it sounded like it was coming from a 4 pack of baby cheese. The cheese asked me for a ride to the s

Ok, the Horuyoi I understand coz you must have had a chick along... but the Nodogoshi? Wtf, I thought only homeless dudes drank that!! And, aren't those cans a little small for proper hanami viewing

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
They still wanted the cheese though.

Seemed to be a tense moment there as the reindeer approached.

Though fortunately not as scary as the close call with Pete's sliding buddies on the chairlift. veryshocked

A Safer Day for Stinky the Chinese Cheese today.

We awoke to full Bluebird conditions and were stoked to be on the mountain today. Stinky spotted some nice places from the lifts today so really earnt his way instead of being the usual free loader that he is.

panhead_pete_124.JPG

panhead_pete_125.JPG

Whilst we didnt bother hiking to the top we did go have some fun through some gates. Stoked that my tree riding is getting better as is Stinky as Im sure he knows if I hug a tree he is likely to get hurt in his spot in my jacket.

panhead_pete_126.JPG

panhead_pete_128.JPG

Stinky got a little bored and started to whinge a bit so I had a liftie look after him for a while. All of a sudden hanging with me wasn't as boring as mindlessly watching chairs go by.

panhead_pete_127.JPG

After a heap of laps it was lunch time. Today it was the little place under the Gondy. Good food and beer.

panhead_pete_129.JPG

Loved it as did stinky who really wanted to get on the piss.

panhead_pete_131.JPG

But being the light weight that he is, after just one beer and a feed he was sound asleep with old mate sitting next to us.

panhead_pete_130.JPG

Gently I put him in my jacket, did a couple more laps then have headed home for a nana nap.

Will Stinky go snowboarding under lights or will we just go to the pub? Stay tuned late tonight (maybe) for the next semi-exciting episode from your favourite Chinese snowboarding chesse.

Well Stinky and I wanted to experience the "real japan" so we went to the Irish Pub for an ale last night.

panhead_pete_132.JPG

It was fun and met a couple nice blokes from Perth whilst we watched the footy.

panhead_pete_133.JPG

Stinky wanted to get on it but the forecast was snow, but only 1cm. I finally talked him into leaving though and we went to the Prince Hotel for the smorgasbord. 4000 yen and worth every cent. Lots of Japanese people and Stinky got into the spirit hanging with his very distant cousins Sushi and Shashimi.

panhead_pete_134.JPG

So after a HUGE feed and a beer it was home early for a good sleep, well until some Aussies come back drunk as and bleeding. Apparently someone's boyfriend wasn't happy with them......

Well going to bed early REALLY paid off. 1cm turned into a lot more and we had a great day although due to high wind all the upper lifts were closed.

panhead_pete_135.JPG

It got tracked out pretty much everywhere quickly but Stinky kept pushing me and our last run was a cracker. An awesome day hanging with Stinky and our new friend Fishy. Sorry not many pics of the snow, it was just too good to stop wink

panhead_pete_136.JPG

Cheese Tara thought he would introduce everyone to Happo in Hakuba and how to get up to the top from the left hand side base area.

4 lifts it took, though he was getting pretty cold at the top there. Not good views I'm afraid.

Here he is on the first lift. Ooohhh, triple!

JellyBelly_1.JPG

JellyBelly_2.JPG

JellyBelly_3.JPG

Quite long too!

JellyBelly_4.JPG

JellyBelly_6.JPG

JellyBelly_7.JPG

JellyBelly_9.JPG

Next up, a pair lift. Mmmmmm, slower.

JellyBelly_10.JPG

Bet it looks nice out there if it was clear.

Another quad.

JellyBelly_11.JPG

Top quad. Oh it's cold!

JellyBelly_12.JPG

Sadly, Cheese Tara was not available for comment soon after reaching the top.

We were hungry.

Well the last two days have been awesome for Stinky. Lots of great snow and meeting new friends, even if his smell is somewhat repulsive. Been getting up early and being there for the Gondy opening. Of course if there is a good looking girl, there he is.

panhead_pete_137.JPG

Even though there is 2 of us we manage to jump into the singles line and share the gondy with some local crew, who all loved Stinky. There are a LOT more pics of Stinky but on other people's cameras. He is becoming a minor celeb.

panhead_pete_138.JPG

The snow yesterday was awesome. One of the best days ever even if it wasn't bottomless. Stinky was a tad scared though as its so steep and didnt come out much.

panhead_pete_139.JPG

We went up the top but the gate wasn't open and in fact the snow was better lower.

panhead_pete_140.JPG

After heaps of laps through lots of runs it was time for some hot chocolate and a brownie. YUMMY, so much so I refused to share, especially after spilling 1/2 of it when Stinky knocked it.

panhead_pete_142.JPG

Of course whilst we were there Stinky was up to his old tricks of meeting the girls. He is rather forward sometimes, most unlike myself.

panhead_pete_143.JPG

On the way out of the 308 Cafe at Hanazono of course we had to ring the bell for good luck.

panhead_pete_141.JPG

After a lot more turns including a really great run in an untracked gully and a nice walk after going out Gate 5 and traversing way across it was time for lunch. Im not a beer drinker but Stinky sure has taken a liking to the Sapporo Classic. Luckily for me he is a cheap drunk.

panhead_pete_144.JPG

After lunch we got a few more laps in including being a little naughty and blasting down the natural 1/2 pipe under the Monkey Rider lift. Was heaps of fun, even with a full slam at the end smile After that it was a quick trip home and we both had a nana nap before heading out for a couple bevys and a feed. More later. With Stinky exiting more gates and meeting Sand.